Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cobra has a 351 in it now. I blew the head gasket a couple weekends ago running a 125 shot of nitrous. I was wanting to put a 408 in it and I think now is a good time! The only thing I'm unsure of is how the computer and 408 are going to work together. Do I need a new ecu or just retune the current one? It's the stock ecu as far as I know.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant fuel and air mods. Like heads, the right intake and cam, exhaust, injectors, fuel pump, ect..
I'm trying to find a complete engine on corral.net since it seems to be the cheapest way to go. Otherwise, I'm still debating on heads, whether to make a good midrange power engine with some 205's or go 225 and get a super vic intake for higher HP. I have a 225lph pump now and will probably get an inline too. Cam will either be what they have installed or get a custom cam and probably run 1 3/4" headers or something around that. Any suggestions would be great. I'm still debating between the heads and whether I want an engine that I am going to rev past 6k rpm.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
That really depends on your goals with the car and your budget.

I'm doing the same thing at the moment and switching to a 408. Depending on what you get, so far I'm liking the TW 206 heads. The do require a specific header, but the fact that they're a rotated valve head and will go much larger with portwork, makes them a nice choice if you get a standard bore block. If you go with a big bore block, then the valve shrouding issues the inline heads have on small bore blocks are taken out of the equation, and IMO, really open up the possibilities of different heads. If you get a production block and you want to turn some RPM, make sure it's been main studded and line bored, and look for a neutral balance crank if you can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts