Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im starting my 408 build for my mustang. shooting for 500hp and maybe a 100 shot of nos:D so far i got a 351w bored .030 over. I ordered my rotating assembly yesterday, 4340 forged crank internally balanced, forged H beam rods, forged aluminum pistons with 5cc valve reliefs. Now heres for the items i havent bought but these are what im looking at unless yall have suggestions.
185cc AFR aluminum heads, 72cc combustion chamber puts CR at 10.5:1
idk if i should step it up to 205cc intake runners?
custom ground cam, i think i can run .6" of valve lift with the heads and i plan on using most of it.
edelbrock rpm air gap intake or victor jr intake
havent decided on brand of carb yet

Im gonna be putting this whole thing together so if yall have any tips or tricks i would love to hear them

oh yea its gonna be a DD

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know someone's going to say it sooner or later, so I will now...talk to Jay at CI about your cam, he can probably help you out with your heads, too.
good luck

·
Registered
42 Posts
i use 185cc heads on my 393 stroker.. they work great in the 450 hp range.. i'd say you should go to 205cc or bigger. i also have the rpm air gap intake.. great for streetability while still pumping out the horses. 2 highly respected engine builders in my area use nothing but Quick Fuel Carbs. they went from holley, to barry grant, then ended up hooked on the quick fuels. I run a 750, but i'm also n/a... for now...

for a cam.. check out comp cams.. part# 35-427-8 (or 35-426-8 if you want something a little smaller that fits nearly perfectly for that rpm air gap intake)

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
ditch the dual plane go Single plane vic jr and step up to a 205cc head

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i really want the 205cc at first i was thinking 225cc intake runners but i learned that might be overkill after i called AFR. id rather build with room for improvement because i know after a year or so im gonna get bored with 500 horses and want a couple extra hundred to play with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts