Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that has a 1986 5.0. He wants to make his engine from a 302 to a 347. Hes going with a throttle for every cylinder I think.. He heard that with that setup he can gain about 80hp for every cylinder.

The question is, what a good setup to go with for this conversion.. Is there anyone that has done it hear that can send pics, videos and information on how you changed. I would appreciate the help

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
80 hp for each cylender?? no not at all. that would make a total of 850 hp on a block that can only handle about 500 hp..

but a 347 is just a 302 that has been bored .30 over and has a longer stroke by changing the crank,rods and pistons. i have never used or had any expiernce using an indivual throttle system but if he is not very expiernced then i wouldnt think that would be a good place to start...

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I have a friend that has a 1986 5.0. He wants to make his engine from a 302 to a 347. Hes going with a throttle for every cylinder I think.. He heard that with that setup he can gain about 80hp for every cylinder.

The question is, what a good setup to go with for this conversion.. Is there anyone that has done it hear that can send pics, videos and information on how you changed. I would appreciate the help
haha not making fun but who told him this dumbass idea in the first place.

And even if you changed to this intake with 8 throttle bodies or carbs you would not even see 20hp total for all eight cylinders.

someone has been :booze havent they?:D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess, Ill try and get the exact info and were he got it. DO you know what setup he could do with this upgrade?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
look through some of my threds i just built a 347 stroker for my stang

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
I guess, Ill try and get the exact info and were he got it. DO you know what setup he could do with this upgrade?
does he want to build a 347 ???is that what you are asking?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
347 is a good upgrade but if u want a n/a motor. stock block forced induction 347 is kinda dangerous..can it be done...yes is it going to be very reliable...no

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
if he wants a stroker talk to woody1 he will hook u up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts