Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which do you guys prefer? id like to purchase either or in the next week.

·
Registered
474 Posts
40's you will be disappointed if you got 44's there too quiet...

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want my car to be heard from a few blocks away.

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
Did I miss where he asked what was louder, flows or spintech?

nope I didn't...

from what I read, 44s are deeper sounding, but 40s are louder. I said 40s because obviously flows are known for drone, 40s quiet inside drone but still keep outside loud. personally I am going for 40s when I get my flows...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Used to have 40's on my car, they had a good tone. My buddy has the 44's on his lightning, they also have a good tone but they're pretty quiet.

The drone was pretty bad with the 40's compared to my lm1's and they weren't near as loud outside of the car. I hear pretty good things about the spintechs but don't have any experience with them.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I want my car to be heard from a few blocks away.
I thought you didn't want flowmasters ? any ways the super 10s are the loudest flowmasters there a one chambered muffler. If you go to flowmasters web page they have a graph showing quit to loudest muffler..heres the link

Performance mufflers

·
Registered
220 Posts
SNmustang95 "I want my car to be heard from a few blocks away"

V8POWA! "Did I miss where he asked what was louder, flows or spintech?"

V8POWA! "nope I didn't..."

as stated he wants to be herd from a few blocks away, I personally don't think 44 0r 40 are loud enough to do that unless you balls deep in it. There for i suggested something else, gave him my opinion thats all. Letting him see his options isn't that what forms are for?

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought you didn't want flowmasters ? any ways the super 10s are the loudest flowmasters there a one chambered muffler. If you go to flowmasters web page they have a graph showing quit to loudest muffler..heres the link

Performance mufflers
I dont know man. exhaust is so hard to choose. i like flows, they sound good driving but just reving blows. too hollow. and i guess i havent heard anything loud from flowmasters. i was just seeing opinions from you guys on em.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
39 Posts
X is the way to go :cool:
My moms husband has 40's on his 74 bronco they sound mean you can definitely here him coming from down the road (about 3 street corners down) but I do have an ear for cars at a distance others might not pay attention.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
X is the way to go :cool:
My moms husband has 40's on his 74 bronco they sound mean you can definitely here him coming from down the road (about 3 street corners down) but I do have an ear for cars at a distance others might not pay attention.
I do too. I listen to em all day pretty much haha. I just want...ear deafening loud when you get on it.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh i love the SLP's. :drool they sound so nice. and surprisingly dont have much drone. till you get on it.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Used to have 40's on my car, they had a good tone. My buddy has the 44's on his lightning, they also have a good tone but they're pretty quiet.

The drone was pretty bad with the 40's compared to my lm1's and they weren't near as loud outside of the car. I hear pretty good things about the spintechs but don't have any experience with them.
Would you recommend LM1's?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts