Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
45th Anniversary: I've been looking around for the best ways to remove the emblem and have found that heating with a hair dryer then using fishing wire to pop them out would be best. But after i get it out and paint it, does it just pop back in or what? I know theres two holes from where the emblem comes out and was wondering if the pins on the emblem get broke when you take them out or will it go right back in?

Deck lid Faux emblem: how do you remove it or would it just be best to tape off the deck lid panel, sand down the chrome then primer and paint it?

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Sometimes the emblem will come off with the 3m adhesive still intact on the deck lid so if you paint right away you can re-heat with hair dryer and then stick back on..

Mine came off clean as mentioned above, but if yours does not, just get new 3m double sided tape to put it back on.

Definately scuff the emblem, don't burn through the chrome all the way, just dull it so the primer can bite in and adhere..

Then paint..

·
Registered
211 Posts
For the rear emblem i just taped off the decklid, scuffed it up, primered and painted it with it still in tact. MAKE SURE YOU COVER ALMOST THE WHOLE REAR OF THE CAR BEFORE U START TO PAINT. I tinted my tailights when i first got the car and didnt cover enough of the rear and got a bunch of overspray on the decklid and rear of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts