Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a tko 500 or 600 behind a 460? I really want to use a 5 speed but i have found little if any information on it. Also I tried to register on the 460ford forum twice and still have not gotten my count activated?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I dont see why you cant but you could do a 351 stroker and have more room and less weight.you still can get a lot of cubic inches with a 351 too.since its a small block any trans you want

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
you can do it, my buddy put a 429 with a tko 600 in an 86 coupe , he didn't have money for custom headers so he modified a set of auto headers to work

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Racinjason81:

A lot of my friends and family are telling me that i should do a 351 swap casue it would be better on gas and probably a little easier. I just want the big block torque and awesomeness.

86 notch: do you think u could get the parts list that ur buddy used or maybe his email address?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I would suggest making sure your chassis and suspension is up to the task of handling the torque first, before anything else. Your also going to need a different set of front springs and struts to handle the extra weight of the 460... as with any engine swap that brings more weight.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My chassis is definitely up to the task, 6 point roll cage with pro street bars and welded in sub-frame connectors. The suspension is going to need some work though. Any spring or strut suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts