Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want a 10 sec car but my question is all set and done is it possible with 4k$? or a little more:D

i have a 90lx pretty much stock just a 75 wet shot

im thinking trickflow top end kit
opinions on tranny??
beefing up the rear end...31 spline axles also will i need 5 lug?
suspension

i want in n/a im not sure if im being ridiculous or is it possible?

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
It will never happen and be reliable. You could put a fogger on it and spray a **** load of nitrous on it but no aspect of the car will be reliable.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
10 second car with 4k....anything is possible but it proly wont be reliable... u could build a 408 stroker with some afr 205's good cam and intake with 4k that would be enough power then u will have to do all the suspension/drivetrain to get the power to the ground... 4 k will turn into 10k before u know it....

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much money would it take?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
why do u want a 10 second car? did u just watch the fast and the furious??lol
over here there is a class called easy street that i will be in and it is for street cars 11.5 and slower i think 11.5 is a pretty damn fast street car...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
say i were to do h/c/i trickflow and thats 2500$ then that tranny is 1200 on ebay thats 3700... axles slicks suspension probably around 5k correct me if im wrong..where would i be at power wise

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no im watching pinks all out...**** imports

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fine mid 11's idc that is fast you are right i just need more power and want to have something someone would come and say hey thats nice

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
10 second car with 4k....anything is possible but it proly wont be reliable... u could build a 408 stroker with some afr 205's good cam and intake with 4k that would be enough power then u will have to do all the suspension/drivetrain to get the power to the ground... 4 k will turn into 10k before u know it....
It will be pretty hard to build a 408 with $4000.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
lol they dont always choose the 10 second class on there....the h/c/i with supporting mods and a good tune might get u in the low 12's not sure on the hp

·
Registered
579 Posts
i was giving him the benifit of the doubt...if u can find good deals it could be done but ur right..
very hard!!!I have put more than 4 grand and am going 12's.I will be in the 11's after the block from woody which is running me $2100 or so.be realistic you are going to need some real money to make a RELIABLE car to go 10's.Like Darrell said you can always put a big shot of nitrous and hope for the best.My suspension alone has ran me about $2000.But I am doing it right,I have upper and lower control arms and torque boxes a anti roll bar all upr.The front a K member,a arms coil overs,camber plates and 90/10 struts.Then comes the 8 point cage because you need a cage to run 11.99 or 11.50's not sure.So if you want 10's you need a roll cage also.I say 4g's will get you mabey 12's and you will still need more stuff to make it RELIABLE.Good luck

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
its possible, but like everyone said, wont be reliable

i mean theres guys running 11's with turbos on stock blocks

HP Performance garuntees there stage 1 kit would get you into 11's easy on a stock Mustang on 8psi and like 104 octane fuel and a tune

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
anyways black five oh with that 4 k start where u should suspension and bolt ons...

·
Registered
70 Posts
The H/C/I is gonna be the cheapest parts as a whole compared to the rest of supporting mods needed below:

1. injectors
2. fuel pump
3. adj. fuel press. regulator
4. M.A.F.
5. T.B.
6. gaskets (heads, intake, timing cover, headers, etc.)
7. flywheel
8. clutch
9. trans.
10. shifter
11. axles
12. c-clip eliminators
13. gears
14. spool
15. headers
16. x/h-pipe or collector extensions
17. battery relocation
18. adj. shocks
19. sticky tires
20. rims for sticky tires
21. 5-point harness
22. 6-point roll bar
23. blow-proof bellhousing

The stock short block has potential in N/A form when a matched combination of parts is introduced to it. From what I've seen the Trick Flow top end package produces 300+ to the tires when utilizing the stage II cam and track heat intake version. From there it takes some lightening of the chassis, proper gear selection, and a drag orientated suspension to grasp an 11 sec. N/A timeslip. From there, nitrous would be a cheap way *initially* to dive down into the low 11's/high tens.

As mentioned in an earlier post, reliability and safety are going to elevate the cost. And in my opinion, those factors should be met or exceeded for the e.t. the car will run.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
OK buy a junkyard 460...get a nice trans behind it...H/C/I and carb...and nice shot of N20...wont get any traction but thats less than $4k if you know where to look

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
say i were to do h/c/i trickflow and thats 2500$ then that tranny is 1200 on ebay thats 3700... axles slicks suspension probably around 5k correct me if im wrong..where would i be at power wise
high 11's maybe even low 12's

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i want a 10 sec car but my question is all set and done is it possible with 4k$? or a little more:D

i have a 90lx pretty much stock just a 75 wet shot

im thinking trickflow top end kit
opinions on tranny??
beefing up the rear end...31 spline axles also will i need 5 lug?
suspension

i want in n/a im not sure if im being ridiculous or is it possible?
why are you trying to run 10s with a n/a 302 ?? that's just not going to happen and be reliable too, MM & FF did an article a few years ago about Rick Anderson of AFM when he built a 10 sec 347 , that motor had superlight weight parts and it reved to 7800 pms or so and i don't think he used a stock block , the car had 488 gears i think, so good luck trying to have a reliable 10 sec all motor 302, if you want n/a 10s get a bigger motor, it'll be easier and more reliable

1 - 20 of 28 Posts