Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'd also be interested in stories and pics.

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
I have the Autopower 4pt. Road Race Bar. I am 1000 % happy with it. My seats can go all the way back. Its the bolt in bar. You can just go with the basic 4 pt. as well, without the cross bars.

I also got the Removable harness bar AND diagonal bars, so I can put my kid back there.
It takes about 4 min. to put in, or take out the bars.

I didnt like the shitty black paint, I refinished mine using Epoxy based Appliance paint. It looks good and is VERY durable.

Pics:

Install:

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
i like that, how does it affect visablity out ur quarter window (ya i know hardly anyone looks out thiers but i do)?

·
June 2010 ROTM
1,913 Posts
^^ You really dont use that quarter window.

I had the bar in my garage for about a month. One day I just started looking in the car... taking a piece out here and there.. saying to myself, how hard can this be?? Before I knew it, all the seats were out, carpet was pulled up. In the end, it took me 6 hours by myself, start to finish. It wasnt hard at all. Just take your time, go slow and think before you drill any holes. It came together perfect.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
can you take some pics of where the loop attaches to the floor by the back of the front seats? That looks bad ass!! also can you post up a link of where you got it? :D

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Nice I want to get a 4pt with harness bar, I'll most likely opt for the removeable one. How hard was install?
be careful of the bolt in harness bar, their illegal in NHRA/IHRA.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Illegal meaning you can run the car on the track if you have it or if your car does faster than such and such speed that it won't pass for track inspection?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Illegal meaning you can run the car on the track if you have it or if your car does faster than such and such speed that it won't pass for track inspection?
most track's work on a tech basis of "if you have it it better be right", meaning, in this case, although the car may not be fast enough to need a rollbar (11.49 in most cases) since it's in there it must comply with the rule's. at some track's you wouldn't pass tech with that bar in a car slower than 11.49, faster than 11.49 you wouln't pass tech anywhere. some goes for harnesses & most racing seat's, if they aren't tied into a propper rollbar, you don't pass tech.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
So... For me to run a 4 point it would have to be welded in? I want my backseats to still be usable... Thank the san antonio texas raceway would let me run with it?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
So... For me to run a 4 point it would have to be welded in? I want my backseats to still be usable... Thank the san antonio texas raceway would let me run with it?
I think thing's are getting confused. you can have a bolt in roll bar, you can't have a bolt in harness bar. as for the back seats, can't help you there. also not much help for weither your track will let you run it, best to ask them.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
why waste money on a 4 point? at least do a 6 point.... 4 point is NOT NHRA legal...

my car has only a harness bar in it... chromoly, and it is legal, but only to 11.49

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
why waste money on a 4 point? at least do a 6 point.... 4 point is NOT NHRA legal...

my car has only a harness bar in it... chromoly, and it is legal, but only to 11.49
4 point is IHRA legal to a point & only a harness bar is ok, it just has to be welded in, not bolted.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
So as long as I'm not using the harness bar I'm good? I can have a bolt in roll cage?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
So as long as I'm not using the harness bar I'm good? I can have a bolt in roll cage?
skip the rollbar if your not gonna do it right, a rollbar with no harness (ie stock seats & seat belts) is asking for trouble IMO, moving around in the seat in a crash with the stock seats/seat belt's & a rollbar means your arm's & head (helmet or not) are free to hit the rollbar, very not good.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
6 point is the minimum most places around here will even build for you... 4 point is just a waste IMO... infact my harness bar is just a waste IMO too, but I could not afford the 6 point bar, and am glad I didnt buy a cage for the car, because now this winter, I can just have my buddy put in a 10 point cage for me...

But I did not feel safe going down the track with just a stock seat and harness, so I put in a kirkey and 5 point harness...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Is there a roll cage that will allow the use of my backseat that's track aprroved? If not then guess I won't be using one

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Is there a roll cage that will allow the use of my backseat that's track aprroved? If not then guess I won't be using one
not really. most people don't worry about a rollbar/cage untill they need it (11.49) & once the cars that fast again most people don't d/d it anymore & the back seat doesn't matter.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts