Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well like the title says lets here them storys about those stock or lightly modified 4r70w

When they blew up how much RWHP?

If theyre holding up what RWHP ?

What light mods and RWHP?

What rpm are you guys pushing them to?

Any good advice to making them bulletproof?

Ill start obviously:

4r70w
3200 stall midwest TQ
Trans cooler from an f-150 or e-250 cant remember
B&m trans pan for a couple extra quarts
And a j-modded valve body done to spec by myself
425rwhp so far so good (knock on wood)

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
*hear

And the one in my F150 is still rocking at 185K miles and towing the stang and trailer like a champ

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Don't have hp numbers but I do know that these trannys can take a good beating.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
In the bone stock form I pushed 550RWHP with the stock stall I wasnt easy on it either It was WOT quite often up to 7000-7400 RPM.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the bone stock form I pushed 550RWHP with the stock stall I wasnt easy on it either It was WOT quite often up to 7000-7400 RPM.
Wow this is good news, ofcoarse everyones car is different but its still good to hear that i have a chance of pushing 500rwhp through the stock trans lol

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
500RWHP is definately not out of the question for a stock automatic, altough i do reccomend the J mod.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
500RWHP is definately not out of the question for a stock automatic, altough i do reccomend the J mod.
J mod is already done, easiest mod ive ever done, cant even believe i was scared to do it. Trans fluid is pretty expensive these days 60$ with a B&M trans pan but the gaskets were cheap from ford like 10-15$ for the 2. But it definitely feels alot better going through all the gears now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a bone stock " '01 GT w/114k " I do not beat on it, I drive WOT on the highway now and then w/ overdrive on ... Fluid still clean since last change @ approx. 86k / 3years ago. My question is how long do these trannys last? What maintenance should be done? and NOT to sound stupid but...What is "J" mod?..Thanks guys!

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Im bolt on with a Jmod and firmed up shift points. 68k on my 4R70W. Only time I drive my Mustang is when I want to play around. I know the stock block goes before the stock tranny.

SSG, is your tranny still mostly stock?

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
I have a bone stock " '01 GT w/114k " I do not beat on it, I drive WOT on the highway now and then w/ overdrive on ... Fluid still clean since last change @ approx. 86k / 3years ago. My question is how long do these trannys last? What maintenance should be done? and NOT to sound stupid but...What is "J" mod?..Thanks guys!
A Jmod is a 4R70W/4R75W transmission modification that Ford should have done. It makes your shifts firmer and more crisp, as well as making your trans more efficient and reliable.

Hers a write up and How-To
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/258428-how-jmod-shift-kit-2004-v6-4r70w.html

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Im bolt on with a Jmod and firmed up shift points. 68k on my 4R70W. Only time I drive my Mustang is when I want to play around. I know the stock block goes before the stock tranny.

SSG, is your tranny still mostly stock?
No its fully built now with a 4000 stall, and at the present moment its getting a Manual valve body installed with a new ratchet style shifter.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No its fully built now with a 4000 stall, and at the present moment its getting a Manual valve body installed with a new ratchet style shifter.
i must ask how u like a 4000 stall on the street? i was almost guna go this route back when i was N/A

how often do u drive said car with that stall?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Completely stock tranny, supercharged, not really sure of #'s but I def give it a beating almost every time I drive it.

Plans are for a tranny cooler, shift kit, stall and ratchet shifter

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
i must ask how u like a 4000 stall on the street? i was almost guna go this route back when i was N/A

how often do u drive said car with that stall?
My car drives just as good as it did straight out of the factory. Is all in the tune, you wouldnt know that my car was 600 rwhp until you hit the gas pedal, or until you found yourself in my rear view mirror. Thats what i love about these cars everyone thinks they are the slowest cars ever until they get a little surprise.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts