Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s going on fellas, I have a 97 tbird I’ve been trying to swap a 4v into. This is a 2v nonPI. The engine I have is a 98 cobra b heads.
So I have 2 questions

how do I C head swap the 98 cobra? I have some DC HEADS off an aviator and the matching intake.

And what wires need to be extended for the 4v engine to work?

Everything else would be different, headers and oil pan since I have a different platform. So far it has some suspension and brake work. It’s a cruiser to say the least! Although, this car has strut rod bushings which totally sucks ass because they are weak and don’t handle up to very spirited driving. I’ve been looking at heim joint conversions here.

so far the bird has
Qa1 450# front coilover
Vogtland 1.6” rear springs
99-04 cobra rear bilstein shocks b8
ATS brembo brakes up front
Rear cobra rotor swap
Full delrin bushings in the rear
Triple bracing behind the rear seat, from different model MN12’s
Cheapy subframe connectors
18x9 18x10 saleen reps 275/40/18 and I had to roll fenders most def

handles pretty good minus the strut rod bushings holding it back.
move also been looking into the US SHIFT 6R80 conversions. I believe the added gears would help us in the torque department for sure. They were in talks of releasing the 10R co troller sometime soon.

anyways I’ve always liked this mustang forum better than the others for some reason.

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

Wheel Tire Sky Automotive parking light Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Locking hubs Tread

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
4,667 Posts
The only thing you’ll need to swap the heads is the heads. There’s nothing special you need to do. The aviator intake won’t fit under the hood but a 99/01 cobra or 03-04 mach one intake will bolt right up and fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing you’ll need to swap the heads is the heads. There’s nothing special you need to do. The aviator intake won’t fit under the hood but a 99/01 cobra or 03-04 mach one intake will bolt right up and fit.

Thanks for the help on the heads! Was thinking I had to swap timing chain cover too. Can any year valve cover fit any year head b-c heads?

·
Super Moderator
4,667 Posts
Thanks for the help on the heads! Was thinking I had to swap timing chain cover too. Can any year valve cover fit any year head b-c heads?
Nope the chains are the same. The valve covers will work between all 4v heads but you’ll want ones from something made after about 2000 because they came with cop ignition instead of plug wires. They’re a little different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope the chains are the same. The valve covers will work between all 4v heads but you’ll want ones from something made after about 2000 because they came with cop ignition instead of plug wires. They’re a little different.

Thanks again brolio, the bird isn’t cool on plug so I think I’d have to get the older valve covers. I have some 98 cobra covers, if they’d work perfect saves me some coin. I’ve seen conversion harnesses to convert from the older style plug and coil packs to the COP. I’ve read on the older computer just can’t work with a COP conversion. Is this true?

·
Super Moderator
4,667 Posts
Thanks again brolio, the bird isn’t cool on plug so I think I’d have to get the older valve covers. I have some 98 cobra covers, if they’d work perfect saves me some coin. I’ve seen conversion harnesses to convert from the older style plug and coil packs to the COP. I’ve read on the older computer just can’t work with a COP conversion. Is this true?
I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts