Modded Mustang Forums banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just joined here because this is where i come for my help with my 5.0 :) anyways this 4.6 stuff is kinda new to me. Im lookin but this silver 00 GT to toy around with a bit. I need a list of the parts required to do the 2v to 4v head swap. Please come into this unbiased about just changing to a 4v motor. So if you guys could help with a list of parts or tools or just even some tricky information on it i would appreciate it :)

·
Registered
x_posts
welcome to the site bro!

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i did a few searches. but its a lot of guys argueing about just buying a new motor. i would like to hear what parts you will need. and i dont mean the obvious lol. like new tensioners? which t-cover. maf sensor? coils fuel rails ect ect. yes i do know a head cam set up with my 2v will do better than a stock 4v but while im buyin the little stuff i will have the heads ported and polished and all custom grind cams built.

·
Registered
x_posts
ive got bare 4v heads from a navi motor im selling.

·
Registered
x_posts
actually bro, i dont even know what they are worth. I have them on corral and modularfords. I got a 175 dollar offer for them and one a lil higher. Trying to take the higher offer just slow communication on his end. May end up taking the 175 dollar one after i let the ad go for a few days. Just make some offers if you'd like. I know youre new but im a reputable guy too. Trader feedback is lovely and these guys can vouch.

·
Banned
x_posts
Baker will scam you on anything you try to buy from him :shiftyeyes :) JK

But $175-$200 is usually what bare B-Heads go for on different forums, so I'm guessing you'd get the same for yours. They're probably not B-heads, but B, C, and Navi heads are usually around the same price

There's a reason people always say to just get a 4v motor, cause you need basically everything but the block and rotating assembly from the 4v motor to bolt onto your 2v block.

Heads
Cams
Valves/Springs
Valve Covers
Intake
TB/Plenum
Timing Components
Ignition System (I'm pretty sure it's easier to stick with coil-packs and plugs if that's what the donor heads used, someone can correct me if I'm mistaken)
Exhaust Manifold or Headers
I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff...

You might be able to re-use your fuel rails, but I doubt it.

Your stock computer, MAF, and shortblock should work with the new heads but other than that stuff I'm pretty sure you need to get all the 4v stuff.

·
Registered
x_posts
+1 dcook. Sounds about right. I'm not the smartest when it comes to engine components but swapping parts from a 4v to 2v sucks.

Also to the OP, Baker is clean, he's a good guy and won't scam you.

but if he does he's a small drive up my state. I'll go after em for ya. :yes

:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
x_posts
the best way too do the swap is too get a whole motor from a navigator, licoln mark viii, aviator or a cobra..

you will need the following pieces (ive done this swap:D)

completely assembled heads
valve covers
timing cover and components(chains and such)
the intake manifold(if you get a mark viii get a 96-98 cobra intake)
throttle cable
cruise cable
imrc delete plates (easier than trying to bypass)
exhaust manifolds
and needed gaskets/TTY bolts

x_y_of_z_posts