Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im doing a 98 4v into a 98 gt and i wanna put headers on it while i have the motor out so what would be the best choice for me to take keep in mind my car sits low so i dont want anything that will hit the ground any info would be great

·
Banned
3,246 Posts
I am doing this swap as well right now. And let me tell you that you cannot find jack **** for shortys so i bought some stock 01 shortys and im gonna hone them a little and clean them up.

As for longtube i hear mac fits great

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will the 01 shorttys fit? if so ill just get a set of those im gonna turbo this motor later down the road and my car sits really low and am worried that LTs will hit the ground and ****

·
Registered
739 Posts
i got bbk lt they fit great

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
any 4v stock manifold will fit. most times aftermarket 4v headers are listed for 96-04 4v. if you want a difference in power LT's are the only way to go. when i did my 4v swap i ended up going with the FRPP shorty headers. i got them brand new for $200 so i couldnt complain.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
How much are you willing to spend? If you don't mind spending a little cash, I suggest ARH. They make some bad ass headers, plus they make them wider so you can pull your tranny without having to taking off one of the headers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the hellion turbo kit does it bolt up to to Lts? or do ya have to have shortys

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
From what I read, it bolts to the stock manifolds or shorties.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thats what i was thinking they did oh by the way swervo thats a bad lookin 5.0 man

1 - 13 of 13 Posts