Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the 4v heads on a 99/01 Cobra pretty even with 03/04 Mach/cobra as far as making NA hp? heads would have comp cams 106160, springs no boost unported 4.6 displacement longtubes

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
If you're getting a good deal take the Cobra heads. They are close to the same flow numbers as the revised C heads in the Machs and Termis.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're getting a good deal take the Cobra heads. They are close to the same flow numbers as the revised C heads in the Machs and Termis.
The heads on my Mach 1 have couple broken valve guides, an other issues and bought a complete set of 01 Cobra heads for $400 how much HP could i expect to lose

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Not enough to dyno it to find out.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Get the Mach heads fixed. The 99/01 heads have a terrible short turn radius and the exhaust ports are small..oh, and their combustion chamber is 2cc larger which results in lower compression.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get the Mach heads fixed. The 99/01 heads have a terrible short turn radius and the exhaust ports are small..oh, and their combustion chamber is 2cc larger which results in lower compression.
What kind of hp power loss could i expect??

·
Registered
236 Posts
2cc is not going to make enough difference to even feel the 99/01 heads are not that terrible.
Maybe they're not terrible, but given a choice between the two, I'd choose the better flowing 03/04 C heads every time. If you can't get a good price on Mach 1/Cobra heads, try looking for Lincoln Aviator heads. Lots of times people don't realize they're the same motors, and you can get really good deals on parts from them.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Maybe they're not terrible, but given a choice between the two, I'd choose the better flowing 03/04 C heads every time. If you can't get a good price on Mach 1/Cobra heads, try looking for Lincoln Aviator heads. Lots of times people don't realize they're the same motors, and you can get really good deals on parts from them.
mecury marauders also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts