Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this subject has been talked about before, but I'm curious on what kind of numbers people have seen.

I know people like AC miller and some others have built some monster N/A 4v motors. I want to know what kind of power people are seeing. A set of ported 4v C heads with a high compression short block and aftermarket intake. What kind of power do people make. I want to know if people are making over 400 rwhp. I have heard people are, but I want to know how much people are making. I would rather make a n/a motor than a boosted one, but I'm curious how all the costs line up.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it is looking like one of the most important things to do in these cars is to get the slight over bore to un-shroud the valves. How much does a machine shop charge to do that?

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
AC built a 2v brother....

To answer your question the sky is the limit. How much do you want to spend? In that answer is the answer to your question. You can spend $10k, and build a 9000rpm engine, that makes over 450+rwhp/425+rwtq if you want.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
3.7" bore block, flat top pistons, ported GT heads, 1-7/8" primary headers, a Sullivan intake and upper plenum, a good pair of cams, and a well built bottom end should get you in the 500 range with the right tune on good gas. Prepare to part with about $12000 not including labor.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
You can build a nice engine with around 400rwhp for about $7500. Ported heads, ported, or custom intake, and a nice set of cams will get you some nice gains, but you're going to want more power eventually so I would upgrade the internals. No matter what you do change the oil pump out for a billet piece.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
3.7" bore block, flat top pistons, ported GT heads, 1-7/8" primary headers, a Sullivan intake and upper plenum, a good pair of cams, and a well built bottom end should get you in the 500 range with the right tune on good gas. Prepare to part with about $12000 not including labor.
Speaking of the devil.....

I liked the Logan that you shpwed me AC. I had a Sullivan on the Mach, it's a nice piece, but I wish at the time that I had the extra cash for the Logan. I say hog the **** out of the 03/04 heads, but other will tell you to go with a 5.4 head. I wouldn't unless you're going FI, but that is me. You could go with titanium valve trains pieces, but I that's another $2000 with everything. AC's price is about right. I had over $14k into my engine when it was finished, and that wasn't even getting into the turbos.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmmmm. 12k in parts alone. Id rather do FI to make the power, should end up a bit cheaper. Thanks for the info, knew there was someone that could answer this quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts