Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im heavily debating doing a complete motor rebuild. mine runs great but it had 133k on the clock and im not comfortable doing any more than bolt with this motor. therefore i have a 2k budget. what would you do? prefer. going N/A

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
With a 2k budget...

Did you look for just forged rods and pistions? I think those would be less than 2k, and maybe leave enough for new gaskets...

But if you are going to have a shop do it, then most of your budget will be eaten up by just labor fees.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no shop fees.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
.030 Forged, balanced rotating assembly. with flat top pistons.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
MMR Street Mod 900 Rotating assembly This is everything you need except a block to assemble a complete fully forged shortblock, this kit has the same parts as the MMR Street Mod 900 shortblock but in a do it yourself kit. Available in all piston oversizes for 2V, 3V and 4V applications.
400900RA$1999.99

Just under budget!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brand ?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Diamond pistions and Manley rods. Not sure who makes the crank, KP or XP or something like that...

Modular Mustang Racing

Heard only good stuff about them so far. That's who I'm going to order my parts from...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a guy i order some parts through has a buy in with diamond so i can get a good deal on those. are the rods pretty pricey?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts

4340 Forged H-beam rod for 4.6, good up to 800 HP Factory 5.933 Length, works with all cranks and blocks, no machining needed, includes ARP rod Bolts, weight matched set!
400230SALE! $379.99

Not too bad... They've got all this stuff listed induvidually on their site. Also got prices on gaskets, rings, bearings and just about anything else you could need...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that looks like a smoking deal. how do i find the indiviual stuff for a 4v on that site

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Click on products, and then on modular engine components. The rods and pistons won't vary from whatever head you are using. Just so long as you get things for a 4.6, 4.6 stroker, or 5.4... Whichever you are building.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Awesome input!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Im heavily debating doing a complete motor rebuild. mine runs great but it had 133k on the clock and im not comfortable doing any more than bolt with this motor. therefore i have a 2k budget. what would you do? prefer. going N/A
Ive got a set of forged 5850 stroker H-beam rods from FPS with ARP 2000 fastners, i'll sell ya cheap. PM me if interested
-billy

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
car was sold in january guys. thanks anyway tho.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Diamond pistions and Manley rods. Not sure who makes the crank, KP or XP or something like that...

Modular Mustang Racing

Heard only good stuff about them so far. That's who I'm going to order my parts from...
They are good, same pistons and rods i have in my 99 cobra. Ive about 8000 since build and she runs nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts