Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm thinking of doing the swap in my 00 GT, and yes I have goodled and used the search button literally hundreds of times! haha. I have a chance to get my hands on a wrecked 01 Cobra for fairly cheep in my eyes (about 2800). I just have a few questions.
My questions are
1. Would the Cobra harness and computer swap directly into my GT or is the GEM/tranny/etc. harnesses entied somehow?
2. Would I be able to get a decent mailorder tune through somewhere or would a dyno tune be necessary?
3. I know I have more questions but what are they? :confused:

Any help would be great!
Thanks guys

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
keep your pcm and just use the 4v harness. your pats system is tied to your pcm. if you did the cobra pcm, then you will have to have it retuned after you were done if you didnt swap everything over. if the engine is stock, you can have a stock tune file sent to ya and it would be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds easy enough. Would I get a tuner for a 00 GT or an 01 Cobra? and if I was hooking a scanner to it would I select 00 GT or 01 Cobra?
I just want everything to work how it should because I'm kind of OCD like that. haha
P.S. Your thing says you're from N.W. AR...Are you talking about Arkansas there? If so what town/city?

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
I will be doing this in about a month with a Mark VIII 4V. If I cant afford a proper dyno tune off of the bat I am just going to load on a generic 4v tune of some sort.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the tuner is the same for the 98-04 gt's, bullitt, mach, and 99/01 cobra's.

i work a night job and run a shop as well. so i dont have much time to go to meets. if i go to the track, i go to mokan or tulsa.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be doing this in about a month with a Mark VIII 4V. If I cant afford a proper dyno tune off of the bat I am just going to load on a generic 4v tune of some sort.
Yeah I was thinking about the Mark VIII swap too until I found this cobra.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the tuner is the same for the 98-04 gt's, bullitt, mach, and 99/01 cobra's.

i work a night job and run a shop as well. so i dont have much time to go to meets. if i go to the track, i go to mokan or tulsa.
Well damn that sucks. I know the feeling. I'm a full time college student and working side jobs at the moment too...until I get out of college and hopefully working at the Ford dealer soon! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts