Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. Just finished my Mark VIII swap, and wanted to share some pics. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Looks very nice bud. Almost like that engine was meant to be there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you man. Yup she went right into place

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
how does it run? im probably gonna have to get a mark8 engine and throw my cobra stuff on for the time until i can rebuild the old cobra 4 valve

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
How much did it run ya? How long did it take? Was there anything that took extra time than expected? How good are you at doing things like this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how does it run? im probably gonna have to get a mark8 engine and throw my cobra stuff on for the time until i can rebuild the old cobra 4 valve
Runs good. Not as much down low as the 2v of course with the IMRC deleted, but alot stronger after 3000 to about 7. Im also just running 19lb injectors right now till I get a mass air and tune. The motor is exactly like 96-98 cobras except a little bit lower duration on the intake cams and a cast crank.

Nossit, I bought the motor complete for 500, and the cobra intake for 200. took me a weekend to drop it in and get it rollin. Had to fight with the heater hoses a little bit

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
VERY nice job man!! glad it came together for you!! :D

so i'm guessing you dont have it tuned yet ? wait until you get that done (also if you go with the 24lb injectors) you will gain back ALOT of low end power. make sure you have some timing in it tho lol. i have 26* to start if that tells you anything. a few other guys i talked to have as much as 30* in their tunes.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Runs good. Not as much down low as the 2v of course with the IMRC deleted, but alot stronger after 3000 to about 7. Im also just running 19lb injectors right now till I get a mass air and tune. The motor is exactly like 96-98 cobras except a little bit lower duration on the intake cams and a cast crank.

Nossit, I bought the motor complete for 500, and the cobra intake for 200. took me a weekend to drop it in and get it rollin. Had to fight with the heater hoses a little bit
Yeah, the heater hoses were a bitch for me too. I wound up with a frankenstein loop. Looks good man.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VERY nice job man!! glad it came together for you!! :D

so i'm guessing you dont have it tuned yet ? wait until you get that done (also if you go with the 24lb injectors) you will gain back ALOT of low end power. make sure you have some timing in it tho lol. i have 26* to start if that tells you anything. a few other guys i talked to have as much as 30* in their tunes.
Thanks man! Your thread helped out alot! I dont have it tuned yet. I do have the 24 lb injectors that came on the motor so I am going with them whenever I get it tuned. Have you had yours on the dyno?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, the heater hoses were a bitch for me too. I wound up with a frankenstein loop. Looks good man.
Thanks.lol yep..mine are almost kinked but they work fine.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
You deleted the IMRC's as well? Ok. Mine are also deleted on my car and the power down low is not as great as the 5.0 o just got out off. Im glad you said it too. For awhile I thought it was just me. What plans do you have for it?

I may pick up a mark 8 and drop it in while i am on leave in 11 months.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You deleted the IMRC's as well? Ok. Mine are also deleted on my car and the power down low is not as great as the 5.0 o just got out off. Im glad you said it too. For awhile I thought it was just me. What plans do you have for it?

I may pick up a mark 8 and drop it in while i am on leave in 11 months.
Im probably going to run a 100 shot right now when I get it tuned maybe a lil more :D. Maybe some cams a short runner intake and of course normal bolt ons. Then way down the road i'll go forged internals and a blower

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
SWEEEEEEET. Good plans man.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Damn you bought the engine for 500 and the intake for 200? That seems like a pretty cheap swap. Should be like 300hp right?

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
Thanks man! Your thread helped out alot! I dont have it tuned yet. I do have the 24 lb injectors that came on the motor so I am going with them whenever I get it tuned. Have you had yours on the dyno?
no problem man, i'm glad it came in handy for someone :cool:

you will see a BIG improvement in low end driveability when you get it tuned. i can't say that enough to anyone considering doing the swap. i got my preliminary tune on my SCT XCal 3 late last fall and havent had much time to get the revision process started but i dont think it will take much. i feel the tune is really close the way it is. i should have it to the drag strip on April 30th so i will see how it runs then! a Mark VIII LSC has factory numbers of 290 or 295 hp (flywheel)...something in that ball park. it is possible to get 300rwhp with a good tune and bolt-ons with these motors. a guy over on SVTPerformance has like 320rwhp on a 97 or 98 cobra with bolt-ons (short runner, LT headers) and a great tune. me personally i'm shooting to make 290rwhp all motor. better than the 237 my bolt-on 2v made haha. and i too have a ZEX 100 shot just begging to be hooked up to this motor lol. cant wait to try that out.

if you beat me to dyno number please share them with me!! i would be excited to see what kind of numbers you get with a swap essentially the same as mine

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i'd think so, mind you i think those are 290 stock?
They were like 290 with the Mark VIII intake which doesnt flow nearly as good as the cobra. So probably right there with the cobra 305 hp

LGHTNNG02GT, I will post my numbers as soon as I get it tuned and dynoed.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
I want to do this...bad...I just need to find a motor

1 - 20 of 30 Posts