Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. I'm replacing an air filter for a JLT CAI. I got a really good deal on one that does not include a filter. I was wondering if anyone has, or has heard of Kool Vue air filters? They are considerably cheaper than a JLT direct replacement filter and "look" the same. Here is a link to both..

JLT: ($48.99+Shipping)
JLT Replacement Mustang Air Filter (05-09)
Kool Vue: ($12.69+Shipping)
PartsTrain.com - Hard to Find Auto Parts and Truck Parts -

They are both COTTON GAUZE I believe. So I figure they are probably almost identical. The Kool Vue description of the filter says, "Its initial efficiency has been tested and proven to filter out 98.6 percent of airborne dust; Washable and reusable," for whatever that's worth. What do you all think?

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
**** it. If it's washable, do it. Just curious, what is wrong with your JLT one???

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Or, you can go to your local auto parts store and pick up a Spectre brand. Still not a high end, uber quality brand... but, probably better than that one. Just sayin...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a JLT X3 SCT combo for $250 but it doesn't come with the filter for some reason. I went ahead and ordered one. Not much of a risk if it's crap.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just got the JLT from AM and I'm pretty sure the filter was not an actual JLT branded filter. I threw the box away, but it had another name on the box.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I do believe that JLT uses S&B filters on their CAIs.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have been using the K&N Filter cleaner kit. Just make sure not to over oil the filter, as it can cause issues with your MAF if the oil get all over it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I ordered a filter from AMSOIL. Figured it they made the best oil/filter on the market the air filters are probably just as good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts