Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might have already been asked but what all is needed to make the new 302 fit and work in the s197 mines an 07 and I would like to get the crate motor and put it in my car. I know its been done but I can't find out how to talk to the guy that did it. Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
This might have already been asked but what all is needed to make the new 302 fit and work in the s197 mines an 07 and I would like to get the crate motor and put it in my car. I know its been done but I can't find out how to talk to the guy that did it. Thanks
I know there's a guy on s197 with a build thread.

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
MattD (Dasilva) has already done it. With the exception of a few minor things, its a very straight forward swap. You will require the PCM, Wiring harness, Motor and to swap over to return style fuel system.

Ford Racing Performance Parts - Motor (Long block)

Ford Racing Performance Parts - Control Pack (ECU, Wiring Harness, MAF sensor and factory style intake.)

Ford Racing Performance Parts - Oil filter relocation kit

The above is the majority of what is required to do the swap. The only problem so far is integrating it with an automatic transmission. The only way, besides manual valve body, is to get a new 6 speed automatic and automatic wiring harness out of a wrecked car or order it from Ford. Either way, its expensive.

Matt's Build:
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49889

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
That'd be a beautiful setup...

05-09 body...with a 5.0...sexy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts