Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this problem just came out of no where; around town the car drives fine but if I want to change lanes, climb a hill or go on the thruway my car completely falls on it's face. At full throttle the car bogs down and I start to smell unburned gas. The engine light comes on time to time and that's when the car runs it's worse and the gas fumes are the worst. I changed the TPS and the car ran perfect...for about a day..and then the problem came back. Before I change any more parts I need some suggestions what it could be. Thanks fellas

·
Registered
14 Posts
running into similar problems with mine.
Check the timing. Change the Fuel filter.
when was the last tune up?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tuned it up about a month ago, I did cap, rotor, plugs, fuel filter as well as oil change. It idles fine, just when you go to mat it, the car just falls right on its face. I'll check the timing though

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was at the Swap Meet at Englishtown raceway last weekend and I came across a brand new MAF and Jet chip for $85. I put them both in Monday morning and the car ran GREAT until....an hour ago. I'm right back where I started. I can't recall gapping them but I will check tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think its one of your sensors. I had a very similar experience in my car and it turned out to be a very simple cam shaft sensor. Try finding out why the checkengine light goes on before you think about buying any more parts, or flooring the stang any more. Im curious to know what it is, good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts