Modded Mustang Forums banner

5.0 guys i need your help

1K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Toofer89 
#1 ·
#6 ·
yeah i was thinkin the same thing......if he does have a cam and he hooks up then i dont think youll keep up

#8 ·
if he had a cam he would sound like this right? quote]
Well it's kinda hard to say but generally yes. I have a feeling that the car in the video is prolly set up alot nicer than your buddy's. If this guy really does have edelbrock heads intake exhaust and a cam then yes it should sound "something" like that. Just race the guy and find out. This isn't pinks you don't have to bet $500 on the race.

#12 ·
in the 8th those 4 10's are going to help but i had a nearly stock 85 5.0 that would take stock 02 mach 1's in the 8th i had some 373's i ran 8.7 in the 8th on a nearly stock car.. good luck buddy and another thing if he put a c4 in it then he proly has it set up for the track..

#13 ·
theres no way i would race for 500 dollars anyway......i say if you even consider that you got the money to blow so have fun......and you have to tell us what happens even if you lose

#14 ·
i would do the race but instead of $500.... i would do maybe a full tank of gas or somthin... $500 bucks is a lot for a car you really dont know much about

#15 ·
if i was racing for 500 bucks you can be damn sure i'd have the bottle filled , turned on and red hot , i don't care if i was racing a geo metro, you never know and why take a chance !!!

#17 ·
everybody always seems to focus on engine upgrades. does anybody ever concider suspension? you take your mild f303 cam and give me a good set of lower control arms and let's see what a difference the 60' time will make to the race.

#21 ·
he just got the car and by the sounds of it he was lied to and knows nothing of what he has.. its the 1/8 mile at a track. this race will probably never happen. i tried to call his brother lastnight and he did not pick up he also did not show up for work. not saying he's bitching out just yet but i think they will.. as for the bottle ive got till friday to make my mind up

#25 ·
I would race him but don't doubt the 5.0's. Even with less modification the 5.0's can be fast not to mention light. Race on the bottle though! Why wouldn't you? Bragging rights? If you got it use it.... That's $500 man... I can think of a lot of things I could use that for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.