Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 GT with around 125K basically stock motor wise right now. I have MAC shorty headers and soon to be off road pipe etc. I want to tinker with the motor a little before i bring it out for the spring. I would like to add a 75mm t-body with a cold air intake and a trick flow street intake. what size MAF do i need? and should i add bigger injectors? I read alot about these upgrades and they say tune them but i cannot find anything for the 94-95 5.0s! please point me in the direction!!!!!! I want to add a little more juice to the car and not race it....:cool:

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
im not much for the sn 5L cars but with the mods you mentioned you don't need larger injectors they'll just run you richer resulting in wasted money and less power.

for those bolt on mods you mentioned you won't need a custom tune but I do remember hearing a few times that the 94/95 cars stock tune is very restrictive due to higher emissions standards at time of production then us fox guys so after you throw those bolt ons on the car you may gain some with the tune but i'd search first because it was here-say like I said.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Unless you have other mods that need the new TB and Intake then spend the money elsewhere. They are more of a supporting mod. they are not going to give you any seat of the pants feel on HP. I would go with a set of subframes, gears, CAI, and if you have the $$$$ then you could go with a set of heads, after heads then worry about TB and intakes if you do them now you are probably going to hurt more than help, you will probably lose a little torque and in return feel sluggish

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
yeah i wouldn't worry about the car's intake besides a cold air intake before you do any major engine mods such as heads and cam. Like the above said...get a set of gears like 3.73 or 4.10's and some subframes. maybe a short throw shifter if you have a manual?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts