Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Resident Headbanger
2,433 Posts
My vote is for a 94-95 5.0 hands down. That's why I have one. Why? The 5.0 simply responds much better to mods and has more HP/TQ potential. The 2-valve 96-98 4.6 starts with the same base HP/TQ as the 5.0 but it's much harder to extract more ponies out of it, and aftermarket performance parts for it are more expensive.

·
Registered
656 Posts
5.0 all the way. i love racin 4.6 junkies and seein their smile turn up side down when ever i blow their doors off after they've pulled 5 cars on me. :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dude, i pulled 503 horse on the dyno with my 5.0, my brother swears by that damn 4.6. he has a 50 shot nitrous kit and the supercharger and all that and he barley pulls 400 horse THE 5.0 ALL THE WAY:mad:

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
Dude, i pulled 503 horse on the dyno with my 5.0, my brother swears by that damn 4.6. he has a 50 shot nitrous kit and the supercharger and all that and he barley pulls 400 horse THE 5.0 ALL THE WAY:mad:
Damn, waht all have you got done to that bitch??

Anyway, I love my 4.6 and it runs like a raped ape. However, the 5.0 is going to be tons cheaper to build, and it will fit in the engine bay like a straw in a coffee can.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,102 Posts
BTW, that'a sad story about that 4.6. It sounds like there has been some bad decisions on that car.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
talking from experience here.... i've owned a 98 GT, 02 GT, and currently have a 95 GT. and while the 02 was my favorite (Steeda from factory :/), I would def recommend the 5.0 over all of them. it's a really great motor, and is so easy to build. 5.0 man, 5.0.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Depends on what you want out of it. Modify and thow on aftermarket parts on the cheap? 5.0 no question. If you want a 4.6, though, look to the 99-04 cars. The 96-98 cars were OK, but they need better heads to even begin to flow any air. 99-04 cars had the "power improved" or PI heads that really wake the motor up. If you like to rev to the moon and like newer technology, the 4.6 will fit the bill.

I have owned a few 5.0s and a couple of 4.6s, and I prefer the 4.6 for how smooth it is in daily driving.:D

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Depends on what you want out of it. Modify and thow on aftermarket parts on the cheap? 5.0 no question. If you want a 4.6, though, look to the 99-04 cars. The 96-98 cars were OK, but they need better heads to even begin to flow any air. 99-04 cars had the "power improved" or PI heads that really wake the motor up. If you like to rev to the moon and like newer technology, the 4.6 will fit the bill.

I have owned a few 5.0s and a couple of 4.6s, and I prefer the 4.6 for how smooth it is in daily driving.:D

4.6's are just as nice and do ride smooth..i would rather have a 03-04 cobra and throw a couple small bolt ons and and they run like a raped ape..4valve motors dont play, and they sound awsome..but if its a weekend car and your looking for a fun toy, definitely the 5.0

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
4.6's are just as nice and do ride smooth..i would rather have a 03-04 cobra and throw a couple small bolt ons and and they run like a raped ape..4valve motors dont play, and they sound awsome..but if its a weekend car and your looking for a fun toy, definitely the 5.0
So by this statement, are you implying that a 5.0 cant be daily driven?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts