Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1994 v6 with out posi. i went to the junk yard and found a 94-95 5.0 (it was realy smashed up so i realy couldnt tell what year it was). so im wondering if the dif (posi) from that 5.0 would fit on my rear end. i want to keep my v6 housing though. so will it work?

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
no because the gt's have 8.8 rear ends and the v6 have 7.5 but if the axle on the gt is good you could take that and swap it in or sell for what it would cost you to buy a new t lock

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
You can use the posi from the 5.0! However, you will need to take the whole rear end. You can't use a V6 housing with a V8 differential. However, if it is in good shape, I'd go for it. I've been trying very very hard to find a complete 8.8 in good condition in my area. They are hard to come by.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
And it is definitly a good buy! Down the road, if you plan on doing in performance mods, if you get into the reach of enough power, you will need the new rear end to handle all the power.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I put a 8.8 in my first V6 with 3.73s and it bolted right in.. then just throw the 7.5 in the trash...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts