Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im pretty set on the 408 right now...i think im gonna start buying the parts and stuff while im over here and when i get outta this hell hole ill have something to do....what all do i need for a 5.0 to 351w swap?
is there a way i can keep my svo hood?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i run a upr k member and solid motor mounts and my 351 fits under the stock hood with a vr jr intake and nitrous plate but i can't run an air cleaner

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
so im pretty set on the 408 right now...i think im gonna start buying the parts and stuff while im over here and when i get outta this hell hole ill have something to do....what all do i need for a 5.0 to 351w swap?
is there a way i can keep my svo hood?
FI or carb

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
All of your current top end will work.. or any top end for a 5.0, excluding the lower intake, thats the only part you will have to change if you are keeping the FI, if you are going carb'd you don't have to worry about it. I belileve you will need a specific oil pan made for the 351 swap into a fox, and different headers. Someone who has done this already can correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
. I belileve you will need a specific oil pan made for the 351 swap into a fox, and different headers. Someone who has done this already can correct me if I'm wrong.
you didnt check the links i posted huh......shame on you.....jk man lol

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im goin carbed with an 850 mighty demon i think but i really want to get this beast in without having to buy another kmember....can i get any shortened motor mounts? if no....what is the upr k member costing these days?

·
Registered
856 Posts
there's a guy i know that has a Tubular K and a coil-over kit he was gonna sell me for the Fox that i'm buying from him but i decided i don't need them. you need his number to get it for cheap?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
your gonna love the 408

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
850 might demon is to big if you are going to run it on the street. 750 will be perfect. A 750 mighty demon flows around 825 cfm.

I would get drop motor mounts and you should have no hood clearance problem.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If I were you Id build the clev man but thats just me Im hooked on them. but yea you need a k member, header and oil pan for that specific swap. and trust me it aint easy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts