Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a 91 gt and a set of gt40 iron heads and a gt40 intake he is going to buy a cam next week but wants to know what all he is going to need to get since he wants to use a xcam like new lifters and rockers or should he use a smaller cam. after all of that in the spring or summer we are going to build a single or twin turbo kit for it. with ether one mpt70 or two gt45s i think they car called. and what size fule pump will he need to get and injectors?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
my friend has a 91 gt and a set of gt40 iron heads and a gt40 intake he is going to buy a cam next week but wants to know what all he is going to need to get since he wants to use a xcam like new lifters and rockers or should he use a smaller cam. after all of that in the spring or summer we are going to build a single or twin turbo kit for it. with ether one mpt70 or two gt45s i think they car called. and what size fule pump will he need to get and injectors?
The lifters and rockers are not a must unless they have problems. Valve springs are in my opinion a must.

As for the turbo, one mpt70 is about 600 dollars, two garretts is alot more.
Make your injector choices based off of the HP you wanna make, and base the fuel pump off the injectors.

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
i think if you want anything over 500hp 42lb+ injectors is gonna be needed and as for the fuel pump you can use a 255 walboro or a bigger one its up to you.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I would keep the stock cam.. it'll drive better and idle better. The car is going to sound like a pos v6 oldsmobile with a hole in it's muffler anyways so I wouldn't worry about having a choppy idle to sound cool. Trust me these cars with a turbo don't sound like a normal five liter.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So since he is going turbo he should just keep the stock cam. Well what about a cam like a b or a e cam?

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
So since he is going turbo he should just keep the stock cam. Well what about a cam like a b or a e cam?
Please stop posting.."Its not your car"....

You and your friend need to make a Spinning Wheel Game.

That will decide your cam.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Yeah go for it.....you or "your friend" obviuosly are not going to give up on the cam idea at all so get one with the lopeyest idle...the biggest you can it will sound bad ass....after all thats what matters right? it is more important how it sounds then how it runs.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
327 Posts
The car is going to sound like a pos v6 oldsmobile with a hole in it's muffler anyways so I wouldn't worry about having a choppy idle to sound cool. Trust me these cars with a turbo don't sound like a normal five liter.

Crap, Right now I have long tube's and pypes violator muffler's and the thing sounds sick.

I have the head's off going turbo as we speak, I knew it wouldn't sound as good - But damn do they sound that bad?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Please stop posting.."Its not your car"....

You and your friend need to make a Spinning Wheel Game.

That will decide your cam.

hahaha you forgot the 3/4 cam option

Crap, Right now I have long tube's and pypes violator muffler's and the thing sounds sick.

I have the head's off going turbo as we speak, I knew it wouldn't sound as good - But damn do they sound that bad?
yeah sorry man honestly i've had two buick grand nationals, a typhoon and still own a built syclone (all turbo v6's obviously) and my 91 gt with a t62e turbo and no exhaust just a 3" downpipe sounds exactly like any one of those I mentioned with open exhaust. doesn't sound that great but when you spool you get wood

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you have to have a cam and it has to be cheap the Ford racing F cam works well guy over a the turbo forums has made 1000+ hp with it so it is not all that bad.( but a stocker will also work well) and not all turbo cars sound like **** ours don't at all as a matter of fact you really cant tell it has a turbo on by the way it sounds other then it is quite.and it is a bit choppy (THANKS CAM MOTION) Till it spools up then you know what it is. if you want a sound clip I can do that for you also. LOL

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
If you have to have a cam and it has to be cheap the Ford racing F cam works well guy over a the turbo forums has made 1000+ hp with it so it is not all that bad.( but a stocker will also work well) and not all turbo cars sound like **** ours don't at all as a matter of fact you really cant tell it has a turbo on by the way it sounds other then it is quite.and it is a bit choppy (THANKS CAM MOTION) Till it spools up then you know what it is. if you want a sound clip I can do that for you also. LOL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts