Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so do not be mad at me, but I am going to try and sell my car for well ya know a 5.0. After I drove one today I just could not get my mind off of getting one. I feel like I have done all I could to the sixxer and it still feels a little bit slower than the 5.0. And with the 5.0 with a steeda cai and a tune its already sitting at 380 rwhp. So I think that is what I am going to do. Wish me luck fellow sixxers.

·
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!
13,873 Posts
Well first of all, Its not slow! But it is a 6er and will always be. No offense to the 6ers out there. I am sure there are plenty of them that run over GTs, but a GT is a GT and a V8 is a V8 and in the general public the 6ers will always be looked down upon. V8s sound like sex too!

And you didn't do all you can do to your 6er, you could that FIed it and run the **** over all kinds of 8s. Just face it, you want a V8! No body can fault you for that.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Well first of all, Its not slow! But it is a 6er and will always be. No offense to the 6ers out there. I am sure there are plenty of them that run over GTs, but a GT is a GT and a V8 is a V8 and in the general public the 6ers will always be looked down upon. V8s sound like sex too!

And you didn't do all you can do to your 6er, you could that FIed it and run the **** over all kinds of 8s. Just face it, you want a V8! No body can fault you for that.
I wana meet you in your Mach :)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My six can take down plenty of gt's and it pretty damn good at the track, I just loved driving the 5.0 because it still felt faster than my six. I could always go fi but that's cost more money than I wish to save up and I am not really in the mood to wait. And the v8 sound is teh sex.

·
Registered
491 Posts
He even has "5 0" in his name, it's sorta destiny.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I like the shelby over the mach...

And SC, right now, you could get a 5.0 for probably 26k-28k base model...not sure how it is up there but most dealers are sticking to their guns up here because they have no problem selling them for 30+

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts

And SC, right now, you could get a 5.0 for probably 26k-28k base model...not sure how it is up there but most dealers are sticking to their guns up here because they have no problem selling them for 30+
same here which is why I didn't get a 5.0. My dealers still had 2010 gt's but they were poorly optioned and I didn't want another 4.6 had two of them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hahaha the samething happened to me that's why I haven't mod just the tune... I'm going to save until august or september n see if I can get a new 5oh for 25k or used... when I test drove it I almost pee on my pants because of that v8 sound fcking sex

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
I feel betrayed! We all know that the 5.0 is way faster than our v6, especially if you mod it, but im sticking to my fuel economy here in CA where 87 is still over $4. At the same time, i know that when i pay my v6 off, im going to buy a v8.... so you are just ahead of me :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
^^ that's why I'm kinda undecided on getting a 5.0 gas prices its 3.69 for the regular n 3.99 for 93 octane

·
Hey Everybody, Come See How Hard I Parked!
13,873 Posts

Thanks!

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts

I just wanted to correct that statement. In the general mustang community, where V6 Mustangs were always slow and highly inefficient, they have been looked down upon.

In the general public, a six with our capabilities is a fast car, and there are 6's out there outrunning v8s and 12s. (GTR anyone?)

Good luck SC! The 5-0's are beasts, but I do not want one. :D

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys know I love my sixxer, and I have had much fun in it but I feel I should at least try and get a 5.0.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
^^ that's why I'm kinda undecided on getting a 5.0 gas prices its 3.69 for the regular n 3.99 for 93 octane
Boo-Hooo! I paid $4.45 for 91 this weekend! I would have gotten a 5.0 if I was able to, but I already have a really expensive truck payment on top of my v6 :)

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
You guys know I love my sixxer, and I have had much fun in it but I feel I should at least try and get a 5.0.
I say go for it! If they weren't such gas guzzlers, and I didn't live in California, I would have considered buying one too. More power to ya man, if you can buy one. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with you, and get the Procharger put on in a year or so. :p

Boo-Hooo! I paid $4.45 for 91 this weekend! I would have gotten a 5.0 if I was able to, but I already have a really expensive truck payment on top of my v6 :)
Yeah its ridiculous out here. Which is why I am using gas prices as a justification to purchase a Ducati at the end of the year. LOL

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
I'd say don't trade so early for a 5.0 wait at least a year. Or just buy a bike, or a track car.

I've got a 240 and a BMW E30 for speed. My Jetta is for long range MPG's and my Stang is for decent MPG's DD.

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
I'd say don't trade so early for a 5.0 wait at least a year. Or just buy a bike, or a track car.

I've got a 240 and a BMW E30 for speed. My Jetta is for long range MPG's and my Stang is for decent MPG's DD.
****, why dont you have a different one for every day of the week!

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Whatcha gonna ask for the 6'er?

1 - 20 of 207 Posts