Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so as the title says im going to start piecing together a 5.4l 4v. im going to go 16lb's boost- twin turbo and a 125 shot of nos and see were that gets me. I know just about everything i need. but my question is that. anyone know any good sites for buying oem parts like timing chains/ cover. manifolds and such? most likely ill start buying parts in less than 2 months

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking about a dealership but since I kinda want to avoid tax I usually by out of state lol

·
Registered
927 Posts
Think the aftermarket chain sets are just as good as oem, the manifolds and covers you want to buy new? Why not save yourself tons and buy used? Thats the beauty of a mod motor tons of parts are interchangeable and not that hard to find used.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm reusing my stock 4v heads off my cobra and covers. I'm getting an aluminum block, forged rotating assembly, new cams, new valvetrain, 2011GT500 oil pan lincoln navigator timing chain cover, gt500 lower intake manifold, sheetmetal upper intake manifold from hellion. And alot other stuff

·
Registered
927 Posts
I'm reusing my stock 4v heads off my cobra and covers. I'm getting an aluminum block, forged rotating assembly, new cams, new valvetrain, 2011GT500 oil pan lincoln navigator timing chain cover, gt500 lower intake manifold, sheetmetal upper intake manifold from hellion. And alot other stuff
Might want to do some more research on the gt500 lower intake, I believe they are a bit different, they will bolt down just different port design. sound like a good plan if you have deep pockets and arent looking to do this build on a budget. Plan to go with a built transmission and built sra aswell i take it?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got plan for all supporting mods. It's just that I have to make sure everything I'm getting for the engine will work together

·
Registered
927 Posts
I got plan for all supporting mods. It's just that I have to make sure everything I'm getting for the engine will work together
Ya I wanted to use a navi 5.4 with the gt500 lower intake and supercharger when I had my gt but my idea got shot down when I realized they were different. The machine shop told me you can make them work but would cost alot in port work.

GT500

My cobra c heads

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like I said I need more research but thank for the info about the heads. I'll probobly end up using more gt500 parts than reused parts

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
if you are going to use your cobra heads and turbo the car abandon the gt500 lower and find a sullivan intake. Not only will it work better for you it will look better too.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I did my reseArch and I'm looking at a aluminum block with rotating assembly capable of 1,500hp, fordGT heads, and mmr intake manifold

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also what I didn't mention was that I want a engine that makes close to 1000 hp and still be streetable

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The MMR intake is meant for much higher RPMs than what you'll be turning. the longer runners of the cobra R intake will provide a lot more pre-boost power and also spool the turbos much quicker.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts