Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up a 93 mark viii next week for less than $1000. Now, do i want to swap the aluminum block and all over to my car, or do I want to keep the 5.4 block and throw the 4v heads on it?

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
What would be the differences in compression? What would be the gains? The Teksid block weighs about 80lbs less than our iron block. You could drop the teksid engine into it and get different cams.

I dunno man I guess im not really sure what other pros and cons there are aside from whats listed above.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I wanted a 5.4 but the lack of intake options stopped me

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Idk man, those were the questions I was hoping to get answered lol

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't decided on intake yet. I'll probably get a boss 302 if I go with the 4v heads

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
in the long run it would cost you more to get all the little things to go 4v. Thats why most just stick with the teskid and build up there 2v.

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well its a project. No rush and cost isn't an issue. Especially if i get the whole car for $700. I already have the 5.4 complete motor.

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know if the mark viii comes with an 8.8 IRS?

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
Well its a project. No rush and cost isn't an issue. Especially if i get the whole car for $700. I already have the 5.4 complete motor.
well if money isnt an issue defiantly go 4v. so much more potential in the motor then a 2v.

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the car has a 7.5 under it now so I could just swap the pumpkins out and have an 8.8?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
No not at all.... You have a 7.5 sra, a 8.8 sra pumpkin is smaller then a 8.8 irs, and built different as well as material. You need a 8.8 sra to do s directed swap, with out having to buy halfshafts, cradle, spindles etc..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts