1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i not too sure on the rod reputation for the TMD stuff, but thier 1000hp claim is a little far fetched imo. mahle pistons are one of the best and would recommend them if you are looking into them.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i have used lots of tmd stuff, it is a great budget line... you arent going to get the absolute perfect quality with those rods but your not paying 1000$ a set!! If your machinest checks them over for you then thats all you need... there is only so many things that could make them "bad"... And those pistons are GREAT pistons, we have used mahle for years with no problems, that is the #1 piston choice for brands like ferrari, and alot of indy cars... All in all those are budjet minded parts, so you get what you pay for.. On a side note,with one of our in house shop cars we did a budget build to see what we could do with that sort of product and the car goes 9s all day long! Its only weak link is the stock mexican block. We have turned up the wick and made high 600hp#s on the dyno but never had the balls to take it to the track like that...

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so the rods are a no go? it doesnt bother me if they arent good, im just trying to find a set that would be good. i was told to look at some of those but if they are not up to par then i will pass on them.

so the pistons are a good choice? i agree with the 1000hp being far fetched, if you guys think they are budget build rods. i just dont have much experiance with rods or pistons so dont know. could you suggest a better rod? id like to have some reassurance that the parts im getting are good quality.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
After checking out the Rods, there a great Bang for your buck kinda part. I Myself might be looking into picking up a set.

They claim there good for 850 RWHP thats more believable ,What kinda of power to you plan on making?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
below 700 rwhp. i feel 700 might be the very limits in the future because i drive it on the street and more or less it is just my play car for weekends and such.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts