Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find a stroker kit for a 5.4. Does anyone know if the 4.6 stroker crank will work in a 5.4? Or anyone know of a 5.4 stroker kit?

I know some people say its too much stroke, but if you can stroke a 302 to a 347 why can't you stroke a 330 to around a 350 or a little higher?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I can't seem to find a stroker kit for a 5.4. Does anyone know if the 4.6 stroker crank will work in a 5.4? Or anyone know of a 5.4 stroker kit?
If you seriously just asked this question, I can't Help you.

Maybe GOOGLE Can.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been looking for a 5.4 stroker kit through google for quite some time now. Modmax doesn't even have them. I understand you can't use a stock 4.6 crank, I was wondering about maybe a stroker crank. If they made them big enough. Anyone know of a stroker 5.4 crank?

·
Registered
656 Posts
if youre wanting a modular bigger then a 5.4, look at mmr's modular 351 block. just be prepared to spend 4 grand on the block alone.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I was planning on building a 5.4 with forged internals and I figured that if I was putting new internals in I might as well make it more cubes. Its close to the same price.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Because a 5.4 is pretty much a straight engine swap. A 351 would be cool though. I don't know anything about that swap. Is that an easy swap for a 98 or is that pretty much just a 302 swap?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I've been looking for a 5.4 stroker kit through google for quite some time now. Modmax doesn't even have them. I understand you can't use a stock 4.6 crank, I was wondering about maybe a stroker crank. If they made them big enough. Anyone know of a stroker 5.4 crank?
Stock 4.6 Crank or a Stroker.

Understand that a Stroker 4.6 Crank Wouldn't even compare to a stock 5.4 Crank.

I know of a Stroker 5.4 Crank Yes. But not sure who makes it thats why i said try GOOGLE you may or may not have better results.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Because a 5.4 is pretty much a straight engine swap. A 351 would be cool though. I don't know anything about that swap. Is that an easy swap for a 98 or is that pretty much just a 302 swap?
Same difference more cubes.And the advantage of running a carb,(if you see that as an advantage)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well I prefer fuel injected, but the 351 is something to consider. Does it drop right in our cars like the 5.4 does? And I have been using google looking for the 5.4 stroker and haven't found anything yet. That's why I asked. But I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
there is a stroker but you cant use it with any 5.4 engine. you have to use it with mmr engine and have it bored out something crazy like .04 over. it takes it to a 6.2 i think but that is way too much stroke dude. the 5.4 alrdy has enough stroke to it so i really thik you should reconsider

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
i remember seeing a 6.2 stroker kit for the 5.4 but dont remember where. to put a 351 in ur car u gonna need stuff from the 94-95 cars. contact MustangMatt96GT for more info

·
Registered
121 Posts
yea, but thats a good hunk of change. If i were you, and i wasnt happy with the 5.4 in itself. I would just do a 351. But thats just my opinion. I think you could do a lot more to the 351 with the 4 grand you would save not buying that kit

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
oooooooooooooor.. youd be smart and buy the mmr 351 modular block and forge internals and stick some 4v heads on there and zooooooooooooooommmmmmm..

but u have to be bill gates too have that set up!!:sorry

1 - 18 of 18 Posts