Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
good write-up, by the way. this really did need to be done. im gonna chronical my entire 5.4 4V swap with pics all along the way. I figure with all the contributions that have been made to the 5.4 swapper community by guys like you and r3d that its the least i could do.
Do It!!!

And should this be stickied?
Yea, As many ask about it, it should be and has been stickied on other forums.
would a tray for a 5.4l fit inside of the oil pan for a 4.6l?
Yes...

i looked up 5.4 aluminum blocks and ford makes em but they dont come in any production car other then the supercar ford GT..... the block is hella expensive
+1

·
Registered
760 Posts
I know this is old but even if I have the Kooks LT's that have a separate collector pipes would I still not be able to use them?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Grea tpost - food for thought. What about Termy motors?

I'm considering buying a 03/03 blown SVT cobra engine and putting it into my 2001 SVT Cobra - how straight forward is this? What else would need to be changed?

Engine ECU
Harnesses
Gauge cluster?
Fuel tank & pipes?

any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
760 Posts
I'm considering buying a 03/03 blown SVT cobra engine and putting it into my 2001 SVT Cobra - how straight forward is this? What else would need to be changed?

Engine ECU
Harnesses
Gauge cluster?
Fuel tank & pipes?

any help would be greatly appreciated...
Wrong spot man. you might want to start a new thread or check the SVT/4v Forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 97 cobra that had a 5.4l 4v swap done. there was a small fire and melted a few things, i got the car and it ran great, now im pulling motor to clean it up, my question is does the knock sensor need to be hooked up. it had the sensor from the navi mtor but it was melted. but seemed like it ran fine. i just want to do it right.

·
its JUSA 2V
3,411 Posts
I know this is an old post but its the beat ive found with the 5.4 and all the added torque what gears would u choose stock or lower i could see a 355 or 373 working well

5.4 will have hps intake and a mild cam and 30lbs injectors

- Sent from the cellular

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey i just did this swap to my 96 gt and was wondering if anyone could help me out on here. I got everything swapped over all the sensors plugged up and started it. My cars runs but has terrible throttle response and it almost feels like its in a limp mode or whatever, i tried letting it idle for a little so the computer would recognize and get use the the changes and tried driving it and it wont really do much more then like 15 or 20 mph and it has a really back backfiring problem so if anyone could help me or guide me in the right direction it would be much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
great writeup. Just one question for now. Could you use a tubular k member to lower the engine to help fit it under the hood or at least a hood scoop?
Latemodel Restoration sales some K-Member spacers. It may work but, I have a 4" hood for my car.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
I dont know if anyone here still runs one but there is at least 1 person that does thats active on sn95forums. What did you want to know?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you by chance know their handle?

I thought about doing this swap on my 2000 GT and maybe putting a big 'ol kenne bell or a big turbo on it down the road after my 4.6 had a bad knock start in the bottom end. I was just curious to see if anyone still had one and what HP they were able to squeeze out of them.. This swap seems fairly easy and straight forward

21 - 39 of 39 Posts