Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your an insperation lol, I'll be doing something along these lines after about 6 months
lol,Yea i started the project, then got laid off. Since then i been selling anything and everything out of the garage to fund the completion of the car.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry to hear that. yea im just tryin to get my spending under control lol
I was to:(, And i hear you on that,Even when im working i don;t have money lol so my spending is under control due to not having the money there to worry about lol..

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
lol well thats one way to do it, but not the best haha, i just dont make enough money for my wants. not to mention my minimal needs

·
Registered
649 Posts
hey how does your car handle now that you have a bigger 5.4 in there? my tt kit added like probable 100+ pounds to the front of my car

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey how does your car handle now that you have a bigger 5.4 in there? my tt kit added like probable 100+ pounds to the front of my car
Funny mine was Right at 100 also, and the 25 Added 4.6 Vs 5.4 stock for stock

So im looking at roughly 125 minus the 45 lb battery i put in the trunk and my E-Fan is a good 5 Lbs lighter then stock,Also don't run spark plug wires coil packs or coil pack brackets Maybe another 5 lbs?
So i only put about 70 lbs over the front end.My car is not mobile just yet so i don't know but im sure its just fine.i know alot of people with 100+ Added pounds on the front with no issues at all.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I know its not quite the same, but anyone know of a write up for a 351 swap. I'm thinking the carb and possiblity of a stroked 351 might be pretty sweet. Think its harder than a 5.4 swap
? Its less electrical stuff so I would think it would be easier.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know its not quite the same, but anyone know of a write up for a 351 swap. I'm thinking the carb and possiblity of a stroked 351 might be pretty sweet. Think its harder than a 5.4 swap
? Its less electrical stuff so I would think it would be easier.
Honestly it probably won't drop right in like a 5.4 but will be close. as far as once you get the motor in the car the rest of the setup is cake get yourself a MSD-6AL Box a nice carb and dizzy and wire er up.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Thats kind of what I was thinking. Should be pretty simple. I guess the weight is a question also. I'm sure the iron blocks aren't light. But the pushrod motors tend to be a good bit lighter than the OHC motors.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats kind of what I was thinking. Should be pretty simple. I guess the weight is a question also. I'm sure the iron blocks aren't light. But the pushrod motors tend to be a good bit lighter than the OHC motors.

Well the mod motors have Iron Blocks as well but the the Aluminum heads help out so unless you go with a set of aluminum heads on a 351 its gona be much heavier,Don't expect to just drop a 351 in and be fast its gona need some tweekin.But can be made to be a stout car if you have some cash to play with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts