Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my deal. I have a fresh 5.4L (11k) in my 2000 GT. I currently have a set of stage I cams from VT Engines. The plan was to just install those on the stock 5.4. However the more i think about it ..... wondering if i should just go ahead and get a set of performance heads and maybe stage II cams? I was thinking about the patriot stage II heads.

Your thoughts? Anyone have those heads on your 4.6 or 5.4? What cams did you go with? How much hp are you putting to the wheels?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
you can make 450+ rwhp if you do the right thing, do the right thing do a custom cam partiot heads a great intake manifold all the good stuff in that motor.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I have stage 2 Steen Racing Heads with COmp Cams XE270 cams on my 4.6...and im putting down over 300rwhp on just 87 octane..:)

Im piecing together a 5.4 swap myself...to put under that valvetrain. I'll let you know the results when the swap comes around..:)

Good luck with your setup.. I'd love to see a fast & streetable N/A 2v 5.4.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
oh now you wanna do stage 2 huh..lmao... did you ever look at those cams i told you about?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
they is actually no aftermarket head they are all just stock ported heads for our cars..so just get the 1s your have ported and get springs... and your good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts