Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a muffler delete and leave the resonators because of the MDS system.

Tried googling for hours and no help.

Anyone know anything about the exhaust on these trucks? Are they slip fit? Welded in? Clamped?

Haven't gotten under the truck since we've only had it for a week and the wife has been driving it to work so no time yet...

Looking to just slap a piece of tubing where the muffler was, or relocate the rear resonator where the muffler was.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Btw, '07 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 2wd 5.7L HEMI Short Bed Big Horn with MDS

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The cat back will slip on and clamp like any other car. Always wondered what these would sound like with MDS...What'd ya end up going with? How's it sound?

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cat back will slip on and clamp like any other car. Always wondered what these would sound like with MDS...What'd ya end up going with? How's it sound?
Took off everything behind the first resonator and sounds ****ing mean! No clue why anyone would ever spend money on these trucks' exhaust.

As for MDS, tow/haul mode shuts it off, but this thing sounds like a big ass WRX with how Lopey it is. I'll get a vid soon.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts
I know I'm barking up the wrong tree on this forum but somebody's gotta know

Trust me, I'm a doctor.
I have Dodge tattoos so I'm certified!! Lol mufflers are slip fit and when I had my Hemi I took it off and just threw a 3" turndown on it and it sounded amazing. That setup would sound terrible without a resonator because of MDS. I'd say throw a magnapack on and call it a day

Not sent from a stupid Apple device

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so my wifey just went to pick up some subway(yum) so I figured great chance to get a quick little exhaust vid of the family wagon lol.

Cold startup, idle, few quick revs, and gentle acceleration outta the court.

Tell me what ya think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd0Y7tSqCyw

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts
Go to YouTube and search Hemi straight pipe and the first video is mine. That's when I had tailpipes and tips

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go to YouTube and search Hemi straight pipe and the first video is mine. That's when I had tailpipes and tips

Truck sounds pretty good. Mine is basically just a 3" straight pipe dumped with the front resonator in its factory location.

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts
That truck actually had stacks on it at one point

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That truck actually had stacks on it at one point

Lol a gas truck with stacks? That's funny, because I had a 6" slant cut stack on my '87 Dakota single cab short bed. It was lifted 6", had 33"x12.5"x15" Super Swampers, a huge custom made stainless diamond plate front bumper, Hella 500 Driving lights, a square tubular rear bumper, x4 55w driving lights built into the rear bumper for tailgaters, and 2 10" subs lol.

Oh btw, to make the stack cool, it also had a flamethrower kit that I installed on the stack and would SHOOT flames out the stack about 15-20 feet!

People would trash talk, if hit the button, then they would shut up lol.

That was the younger years lol

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts
Lol a gas truck with stacks? That's funny, because I had a 6" slant cut stack on my '87 Dakota single cab short bed. It was lifted 6", had 33"x12.5"x15" Super Swampers, a huge custom made stainless diamond plate front bumper, Hella 500 Driving lights, a square tubular rear bumper, x4 55w driving lights built into the rear bumper for tailgaters, and 2 10" subs lol.

Oh btw, to make the stack cool, it also had a flamethrower kit that I installed on the stack and would SHOOT flames out the stack about 15-20 feet!

People would trash talk, if hit the button, then they would shut up lol.

That was the younger years lol

Us rednecks haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts