Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a question that's kind of out of the blue. my original plan for my car was to rebuild the v6 motor with forged internals and stroke it to 4.3 liters and install heads and cams while the motor is out of the car. the 5.8 motor comes into play now because my friend just wrecked his ford bronco and its sitting in a field right now upside down. would it be worth it or even possible to put the 5.8 motor into my car? if it was possible, would it cost less than the roughly $5000 rebuild and the $3500 turbo kit?
thanks guys

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I believe there is a guy who threw a excursion engine into his sixxer, so Im just guessing that I would fit. Maybe but there is a 99.99% chance that I am wrong, so dont get your hopes up

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im not lol just if anyone has done it id like some opinions...
im kinda thinking it might not be worth it but it just costs so much money to get the parts i need for the six.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
This would be basically the same as doing a 5.0 swap, and I'm almost certain you could do it for less than $8500, even building the motor up a bit.

You can look into either '95 Cobra Rs or Saleen S351s for examples of factory 351W Mustangs. For what it's worth, the S351s pushed 505hp at the crank, stock.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Yes you can drop that motor....but why? if your going to do a swap that serious might as well build that motor correctly. you have a lot of parts to change anyway, fuel system, vacuum, computer, tranny, rear, coolant hoses, radiator, motor mounts. possible k-member. suspension for the new motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts