Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again..
I am looking to buy a 5 Lug conversion kit for my '86.. It seems like all kits are for 87-93.. I guess there is a specific kit for my car?? Someone help? Any kind of ideas/what you used/etc. etc..

HELP!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
"1979-86 Mustangs and 1987-93 2.3L Mustangs need to use 1987-93 5.0L spindles, struts, and calipers for this kit to work."

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
STOP!

use only 94/95 axles/brakes/hubs/spindles and u will be happy (added bonus rear wheel disc brakes !)

ur gonna need to upgrade ur master cylinder, for e brake cables u will have to use 93 cobra cables, u will need a proportion valve...(maximum motorsports sell all the stuff u need) and u can get the 93 e brake cables from pony parts

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
**** that ****.. If I was him and only desired to run a weld pro star or bogart i'd purchase that kit and the 87-93 **** from a junkyard I needed to make it happen. Screw the rear wheel discs they aren't needed unless you want to impress some fat chicks

·
Registered
67 Posts
For the front just get some 87-93 5.0 spindles and calipers and use 89 Lincold Mk VII rotors without the ABS ring. If they do come with the ABS ring just remove it.

To keep the stock rear wheel offset and drums, the '83-'92 Ranger/Bronco II Left (driver) side axle (29-5/32") from a 4cyl or 3.0L V-6 with the 7.5" rear end, or '86-'97 Aerostar RIGHT side axles (29-5/32") is what you want. They are the same rear axles, the center section is just on the opposite side when you compare the rear ends. The pumpkins are also off center unlike the Mustangs, so you will have to find two vehicles to pull axles from! You will need the drums from either of these vehicles also if you are staying with rear 9" drums. The 7.5 axle Rangers & Aerostars use 9" drums. These parts are direct 5 lug replacements for the stock 9" rear drums on the 79-93 Mustangs.

*Important: Don't get the axles and drums from a Ranger with the 4.0L engine, as they use 10" rear drums with a wider 8.8" axle (unless you want to convert to larger drums!). The 8.8 in the Explorer is 1" wider per side than the Ranger/Aerostars with the 7.5" axle.

Hope this helps.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
**** that ****.. If I was him and only desired to run a weld pro star or bogart i'd purchase that kit and the 87-93 **** from a junkyard I needed to make it happen. Screw the rear wheel discs they aren't needed unless you want to impress some fat chicks
oh cool tiny disk brakes on the back can I suck your cawk?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts