Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first part of my conversion was the rear end, its a pretty strait forward swap, any SN95 rearend will bolt right in. For the disc brakes all you need is an adapter for the bubble flare into the splitter on the passenger side, a small peice of line with standard double flare, and a standard flare coupler. That gets th line from the stock rear line to the splitter. From there all you need is a line with bubble flare on both ends (i used a 51" long line) with what i belive is a 10MM metric fitting. I picked up the rear axle for 150 at pic a part complete rotor to rotor. and 12 on the lines and fittings. roughly 180 bucks to do the rearend.

The front is much easier. Go to NAPA, buy 2 rotors from any 80's to 90's Ranger. Buy the bearing set BR12 or PBR12 from NAPA (A12 at other stores). Buy bearing BR2 for the outter (stock mustang bearing). Drive out the stock races from the rotors and drive in the ones you bought. The seals from the mustang work. this ran me a total of 94 dollars.

Then all you need is a set of wheels and tires. I got ine also at P-A-P (found a whole set on a car, lucky me!) note that some newer wheels,and most aftermarket wheels wont fit the ranger hub. The ones i have are off of a 2002 V6 mustang. They work fine.

Total $270, plus wheels!

I hope this helps someone out!

UPDATE: I know its been a while, but i was reading through,, as another member has asked about it, and realized i forgot something. After a little while, i bought wheel spacers to set the front wheels out to the same distance as the rears. I bought 1" (25mm) spacers, and they are a little too wide, they work, but the front tires are now a small amount wider, and they rub the fender a little on sharp turns. If you can find 3/4" (18-19MM) spacers they will set perfect.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will need the 96 or later spindle and hub assembly believe. not all aftermarket wheels wont work, just the ones that have a shallow center. The conversion i did has the bearing in the rotor llike the stock 4 cyl hubs. it will stick out of most aftermarket wheels if the even go over it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, ill get it on here today if possible! it still looks like a beater, just with nicer wheels.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Bad picture, but ill get a better one soon.

Before

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol i couldnt agree more, i love a good stereo but there is such a thing as too much. And i dont think ive ever seen a mustang with 20s that i liked. I think 18s look best on mustangs personally.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! when its done post a before and after.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its amazing how much btter they look with newer mustangs stock wheels! Very nice.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If i could get all the parts from a Sn95 will i be able to use any after market rims?And could someone post a sticky on here how to do a 5 lug conversion.I was going to buy the $300 5-lug kit from American Muscle but your limited to wheels.My plan is to run 285/18 in rear and 265/18 up front.I plan on autocrossing or just go for the pro-touring look i love that look.Also i own a 88 5-speed coupe.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, if you get the a-arms knuckles and rack from an sn95 (with sealed wheel bearings) you just drop out your old stuff and put the new in, with a few mods (to the rag joint and a few small things). The ranger rotor conversion limits your wheel options because of the integrated hub/rotor setup. And if you are going to do autox i would suggest same size tires front and rear, same width at least, skinny front tires from my experience cause the car to push very badly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I hoping just the Sn95 i really want it to be some what of a simple conversion.Plus i would like to have a wide range of wheel options too.Is there a website somewhere i can get more info in autox?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The SN95 parts are a direct fit, you can use the stock rack, but you will have to change inner and outter tie rod ends (not hard). And the rest is drop the old install the new.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Awesome and thank you so much!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts