Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, new to the forum,but i have owned several stangs thuough the years,i just bought my wife another mustang (89 gt conv) but its a 5-speed,the one she had before was an auto and it got stolen,when we got it back there was not much left,so i bought her this one,she does not know how to drive a stick,and since we have 2 kids i dont want anymore distractions than there already are while driving,i want to put the auto trans from her other gt in the car we just bought,and the 5-speed in the other car,cuz i am rebuilding it for myself,and she needs a car very soon,how hard is it to do the swap if i have both cars side by side?

·
Registered
5 Posts
5spd to auto swap

If you have both cars it's an easy swap because you have all the pieces. Just take your time. Switch the pedal assemblies can be a pain but as long as you're patient, it's pretty straight forward. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
youll have to swap the console also....from what i have heard

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
No you wont its just the bezel on the console it pops out. The one for the auto has a smaller hole

Its easy to do the swap.

Just put on the auto bellhousing bolt the auto in place put in the auto driveshaft. The hardest part will be removing the dash and putting in the auto pedals.

Need anything along the way feel free to ask

And welcome to the site

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Yeah hes gonna have to take the entire thing out to get to the pedals. And its gonna be a pain in the ass but can easily be doen in a full saturday with a buddy dont sweat it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts