Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have $500 to play with right now my list is

CAI
4 aluminimum center caps (2 are missing)
stainless steel vinyl inserts
mach 1 grille delete

i'm open to most things just not gears

so recommend away!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
dont waste money on cai. not much better than drop in filter. and get a used or/x pipe for around 100$ then maybe a throttlebody/plenum setup

·
Registered
135 Posts
Center caps since you're missing two. Mgw short throw if you're a stick. Inserts sound good k&n drop in filter find a used x pipe with high flow cars or off road for cheap. That's a mod you can feel.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont waste money on cai. not much better than drop in filter. and get a used or/x pipe for around 100$ then maybe a throttlebody/plenum setup
reason i was replacing stock intake was because whoever was the previous owner was messed up the intake housing so it does not fully latch over the k&N filter since the housing is all bent up on the very top

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Why no gears?

A short shifter is def a good starting point.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
CAI, center caps, lowering springs, grill delete + chin spoiler

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
reason i was replacing stock intake was because whoever was the previous owner was messed up the intake housing so it does not fully latch over the k&N filter since the housing is all bent up on the very top
I have the stock intake sittin on a shelf. Dont need it with my blower, interested?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gears should def be on that list. Was the first thing I did when I got my car. Was a dog when I bought it, but the gears def gave it some more pep in it's step.

If you need a new airbox, hit up some local junkyards or check the classifieds. Concidering how popular CAI's are, you're bound to find more than a few on the forums

Other thing I'd recommend is exhaust work. h/x pipe will help ya out a bit

Cosmetic stuff, i'm not sure. All the stuff i've done so far have been free. (painted deck lid, lower bumper, front grille, and the scoop section of the hood), relocated my spoiler (I have a 99, so I have a different one than you), than I also shortened my antenna to get rid of the rc car look.

Other than that, not sure much else you can do with your budget

·
Registered
188 Posts
i'm open to most things just not gears?

I don't even why would you say this but, this is one mod that will put a smile on your face!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts