Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Derp.
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-
I'll be getting a nice bonus from work and would like to spend around $500 on 'ol betty. Its a stock 04 with just flow 44's....
I was thinking a mid pipe and some 4.10s (its an auto) for now. It is a dd- but never gets driven on the interstate, ans will be a strip car here and there. If I go with the 410s, will I need an sct as well? Any recommendations, both on midpipe or any other ideas on how to spend it?
Thanks in advance,
Zac

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Hey guys-
I'll be getting a nice bonus from work and would like to spend around $500 on 'ol betty. Its a stock 04 with just flow 44's....
I was thinking a mid pipe and some 4.10s (its an auto) for now. It is a dd- but never gets driven on the interstate, ans will be a strip car here and there. If I go with the 410s, will I need an sct as well? Any recommendations, both on midpipe or any other ideas on how to spend it?
Thanks in advance,
Zac

You'l want a tuner for the 4.10's yes.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Lower with CC plates and midpipe

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I'd put it towards a form of forced induction, but that's just me. Bolt ons are over rated, trust me I have them lol

Just like gears, I hate my 4.10s, my 3.73s were better. To save you some money ill sell you one of my sct 4 bank chips, shot its already programmed for 4.10s
Pm Leif intrested

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'd put it towards a form of forced induction, but that's just me. Bolt ons are over rated, trust me I have them lol

Just like gears, I hate my 4.10s, my 3.73s were better. To save you some money ill sell you one of my sct 4 bank chips, shot its already programmed for 4.10s
Pm Leif intrested
+1

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Back in the day when i had just purchased my car, i started off with the basic exhaust, tuner and CAI but when i added 4:10s it was my best investment i had made up to that point, you will not be dissapointed with them, and have no worrys about gas mileage its so minimal even on the interstate my cars fully built and im still getting great gas mileage. The 4.10s will get u the most bang for your buck and alot of pep in your pony

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
an x pipe and 4.10's especially is a great idea for an automatic. An sct tuner isn't a bad idea so that you can calibrate it. IF you don't have the cash for it. Mine was 10-12 mph off so that givess you an idea.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
Get rid of the Flowmasters.

·
WOT Junkie
1,163 Posts
Don't even bother with the exhaust. Gears and tune will make the biggest difference. You could, however, put that money towards a torque converter and cut down your 60 ft times. For gears, I wouldn't run more than a 4.10 gear set.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Slp lm1 with x

·
Derp.
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the suggestions guys (and girls) I do appreciate it. 410s will be a definite purchase- it does currently stand as tall as a 4x4 so lowering/suspension may be an alternative to the mid pipe- however I do like the sound of a nice o/r x. Not calibrating it with an sct wont affect shift points? I just dont want it to be shifting erractically with the 410s. If its a speed only issue thats no big deal. I wouldnt mind some type of FI setup, but the car has been stock for far too long and needs some type of upgrade- I almost feel bad for it :/
Thanks again
Zac

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Instead of you having to buy a handheld, ill sell you my chip. It is calibrated for 4.10s, and bolt ons. It has 3 modes, it as well is set for a off-road midpipe. Pm me for more details

1 - 20 of 30 Posts