Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my projects almost finished. still need a black dash (getting when its half off again if i find a good one) and to do the headliner and rear shelf. also thinkin of pickin up some knock off acs pedals to complete it even more.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
looking good bro. the wood trim looks to be in good shape. every one that ive worked on either had the coating cracking and chipping or just cracked all the way through

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. yea when i saw this at the junk yard i was excited to see everything so perfect. the passanger front door theres some cracks in the wood and the door pannel is structurally ****ed from whoever removed it (they literally had it folded in half both ways) but on the door its fine. the shifter surround is a bit cracked up as well but whatever, it looks 10000000000000000000000x better then when i bought the car. only original in the interior from then is the inserts on the door panels, upper dash and rear seats.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
thanks. yea when i saw this at the junk yard i was excited to see everything so perfect. the passanger front door theres some cracks in the wood and the door pannel is structurally ****ed from whoever removed it (they literally had it folded in half both ways) but on the door its fine. the shifter surround is a bit cracked up as well but whatever, it looks 10000000000000000000000x better then when i bought the car. only original in the interior from then is the inserts on the door panels, upper dash and rear seats.
yeah, ive seen those doors like that before and it was usually from someone that tried to work on it just thinking that you could just pull the door off when they wanted to do something like replace speakers or what not.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i think someone wanted something under and didnt care if they destroyed a perfect part thats hard to find (there were 3 types of door pannels in the e34, without wood, with wood, and with wood and leather handles and arm rests, the last being the hardest to find and what these are) they bent the bracket for the handle and broke all the plastic tabs and the plastic handle surround. a little work and alot of parts from my old pannel and everything worked again and the tabs hold it how it should be so it doesnt matter that its busted up.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
yeah, they are hard to find and if you do find them they are extremely expensive. I had a guy accidentally slip with his drill and bust through it but the worst part is that when he slipped he was still holding the trigger and managed to gouge the leather, break the wood, and then finally bust throug the hole panel. Cost us, IIRC, 500-600 just for that door panel

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all the black parts you see in the pics, and the wood, in almost perfect condition...$55 for everything at the junk yard on half off day, i was so stoked when i saw the exact interior i was looking for, complete and near perfect, on half off day. after that i just had to add my old inserts on the door and some new clips and parts from my old panels. the entire change over cost me under 100.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
well done as usual:)

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
got some bimmer love here from me. i had an 86 325e, and a 99 323i before hand both nice cars. the 86 was just a beater. i had visions of swapping in a 5 liter or an ls1 at some point, but it wasn't to be.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys, and lefty, your title is amazing, anchorman is an epic movie...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lil more to help bring the interior together, got some real bmw floor mats from a junked 525i, only the front 2 but whatever, the generic ones are fine for the rear... the clean one in this picture was worse than the dirty one when i started, now they both look like that, only took the one pic though so whatever. i'll update stuff when i paint the speaker covers and throw in the new floor mats.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
finished cleaning the floor mats, they came out great, now i gotta clean the carpet inside the car lol. for $5 i think i got a steal on these haha. (130 new)

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
thanks guys, and lefty, your title is amazing, anchorman is an epic movie...
lol thanks. One of my favorite movies...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts