Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good catback for my 99 gt I was thinking pypes violator , magnaflow magnapacks, flowmaster or what I want very loud exhaust that's got a deep rumble I've got 550 to spend and would like somthing relatively cheap but sounds good I've got stock headers and midpipe I do have a h pipe in my garage but am unsure of the brand. Any ideas on exhaust types

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Amazon.com: Borla 140067 Cat-Back "S-Type" System Exhaust: Automotive

I PROMISE you won't be disappointed. It's exspensive for a reason. IMO there's nothing that sounds better. Paired with a mac o/r h pipe and mac l/t's it sounds insane!

Plus it comes with a million mile warranty, so if it even starts rusting, you can get it replaced for free. I personally verified that when i purchased mine. I've gotten ALOT of compliments on my exhuast.

EDIT: This should convince you.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Exactly, youtube. I have a few post under Bullitt5566 and here are a few photos of the SLP Powerflo. I think with your stock headers and H pipe the SLP LM2 might be more what you're looking for. SLP quality is great.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Exactly, youtube. I have a few post under Bullitt5566 and here are a few photos of the SLP Powerflo. I think with your stock headers and H pipe the SLP LM2 might be more what you're looking for. SLP quality is great.

What are you doing with the LM2 mufflers?

OP, if I were you I would get a Mac catback, and a Mac mid pipe. Either o/r X or o/r H or even the Prochamber.

I think the catback is like $330, then the o/r X is like $180. It would sound really good, and youd notice a difference power wise. Up top itll feel a lot stronger.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I've narrowed it to pypes violator, Mac , and magnaflow magapacks. Any comments on these three for sound? Where's the best price for them and is there any discount codes

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I wouldnt get the Pypes catback. Their products are shitty fitment. The mufflers are one thing, but I bet the catback fits togeather like ****. Magnaflow fitment is okay, SLP's was nice. Mac's looks really good. But Ive had expierience with SLP and Magnaflow. Id take SLP fitment over Magnaflow any day.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
get pypes mufflers, have a exhaust shop make you a better catback than you can buy for less money, #winning

(thats what i would do if i could over again.)

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
I'm not sure which mufflers come with the Pypes Violator catback but the Pypes M80 mufflers are the best bang for the buck in my opinion. You can get two mufflers for $80 and they scream! The quality is nice and they are also stainless steel. I get compliments all the time on my exhaust. The only downfall is no one around here has ever heard of the, so when you say the brand is Pypes it confuses everyone. Magnaflow and Flowmasters are the only name anyone knows.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ah this is so confusing I wish I could just find the right one with the great sound and greatn price,seems there's an problem with all of them

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
SSS stainless steel systems is a knock off of the stinger for alot less.. Look into them> My stinger sound amazing, are very loud and deep.

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
Not to deter you from MAC at all because their stuff does seem quite nice but definitely check out this thread. >

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/215383-mustangsunlimited-mac-headers.html
my mac catback took about a month for me to get. i just ordered headers and a prochamber, we will see how long it takes lol was told i should have it next week.

OP mac sounds very good, if you got just a catback you will think its too quiet tho. if you go that route, get a prochamber or an h-pipe and you should be happy :yes

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
OP just go on youtube and listen to exhaust setups, youll find something.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts