Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well trans is finally kicking the bucket. After 22,000 miles of shift flares, coming back to my house the car started to lose gears and go into neutral. Shift servo is finally worn out and im not sure if the bands are any good.
So does anybody know anything about tremec 3650 swaps? That'd be the only reason why i'd keep the car because i've always hated the auto.
Tell me what ya know!

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Quite a few people have switched. I think the biggest pain is the pedal assembly and stuff for the clutch to work. The actual swapping of the tranny and tuning is easy. But before you go that route, are you set on getting rid of the auto? I mean you could probably pick up a used one for a few hundred, or you can buy a built one prolly about $3500, or you can get yours rebuilt properly for about prolly under $3000. Or like it was suggested you can go 4R70W for about $6K-$7K.

Or trade it in and get a different car, just saying.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i got lucky and a local engine builder who is a friend of mine bought a 06 GT to turn into the drag car. Trans is $200, and he is selling everything out of his to turn it into a roller. Looks like i'll get everything pedals, pcm, wiring harness, misc parts etc... for absolutely nothing at the perfect timing, and here locally. Now to sell the auto parts!

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Well i got lucky and a local engine builder who is a friend of mine bought a 06 GT to turn into the drag car. Trans is $200, and he is selling everything out of his to turn it into a roller. Looks like i'll get everything pedals, pcm, wiring harness, misc parts etc... for absolutely nothing at the perfect timing, and here locally. Now to sell the auto parts!
I'm assuming it's a stick if you're talking about getting the pedals. But why change the PCM? I think you can just turn off the tranny tuning and be done. I think it's when you go stick to auto that you need a new PCM.

Are you going to have a drivers seat to get rid of? The electric one with the 3 motors? Need one.

·
Registered
291 Posts
That is one heck of a luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts