Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help figuring out if I can bolt the cylinder heads from a 94 to a 98 v6 on to my 99 not worried bout intake matchin gettin a new one on anyway any help would be appreiciated!

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
No 98 and earlier Essex v6's are single port. Your 99 will be a split port.

You could bolt them on if you did a single port swap but your going to lose ~40 hp by doing that.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
M90 supercharger?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Pretty sure it'll bolt up. The block is the same, just strip it down to the block and add the sn95 accessories/heads/intake on. All will be well

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
So your going to convert to single port to get a m90 to game 10 horsepower?

Just wanted to make sure I'm getting what's going on here

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
So your going to convert to single port to get a m90 to game 10 horsepower?

Just wanted to make sure I'm getting what's going on here
he'll gain alot more than that. your forgetting that their rated at 220hp and like 330lbs of tq. pulley swap and a cam and itll pick up hp like theres no tomorrow.

it may seem dumb at first but think of it this way, every little mod on a single port m90 will respond better than beefing up an N/A splitport.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
True south.. I still don't see for all that work but I will give him props if the job is well-done. The torque gains with a cam would be no joke also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its the aupercharger off the supercoupe so yea m90 I believe. Will gain more than ten hp the base lx thunferbird got a 80 or so hp increase to the suoercoupe it will go off percentage for my hp increase, bout 40% or so..where can I find a good aftermarket cam for my v6 never came across one...?

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Its the aupercharger off the supercoupe so yea m90 I believe. Will gain more than ten hp the base lx thunferbird got a 80 or so hp increase to the suoercoupe it will go off percentage for my hp increase, bout 40% or so..where can I find a good aftermarket cam for my v6 never came across one...?
Remember that motor wasn't split port as ours are so do the math and it would be 10 -15 horsepower.. But like south said you will see better gains from your other parts also

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea that was gettin me worried about the split port but if all goes well ported heads, open the exhaust up ands few other ad ins then it should be well worth the effort I would believe especially if I can get a cam ill check supersix thanks mcqueen

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
I think it would be nasty with the max street strip camnfrom them

Here's some motivation from a guy in a local club

Haven't seen it in person yet but seems pretty sweet

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
supercoupe m90, you better have the entire motor or plan on a headache.....

You need the s/c, intercooler, brackets, pulleys, have to bend ac lines, 94/95 timing cover, and the list goes on and on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts