Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Some people have problems. Mine behaves like most manuals when it's cold but as soon as it's warmed up it's butter.....almost 14k miles now.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Just do a search for MT82 and you'll soon see what they can (and can't) do. Then all you need to do is :deadhorse

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
LOL durable? That's funny!

I'm on my second MT82 and having issues again.

My first one whined from about 5,000 miles and only got worse, followed by a horrible case of notchy shifting until I took it to the dealer at ~21k miles. They tore it down, the synchros looked like **** and a couple of bearings were on their way out. They replaced it with a new transmission. I've got right at 20k miles on this one and a faint whine is starting to occur along with the notchy shifting, again. Took it back in about 1k miles ago for an oil leak and had them check it while it was there. They said that it was "normal" this time. We'll see how much less than normal it has to get before they do something about this second one. I've noticed its getting worse by the week, it's only a matter of time before they have to do something about this one too.

Do I wish I bought an auto? No.
Do I wish I had a Tremec? You bet I do and in the next few years I'll be doing a T56 magnum swap in it whenever I can actually afford it.

By the way, Marc likes "beating" dead live stock, if you know what I mean. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
What have we beat on lately-

1) Exhaust threads

2) Suspenssion threads

3) My MT82 sucks threads

Can we PLEASE move on?

Seriously. If I had a dollar for every one of those threads, I wouldn't need the PowerBall.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
What have we beat on lately-

1) Exhaust threads

2) Suspenssion threads

3) My MT82 sucks threads

4) Why does Marc follow JDos1 threads?

Can we PLEASE move on?

Seriously. If I had a dollar for every one of those threads, I wouldn't need the PowerBall.

I agree!!!

Fixed it for you as well.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
I still hold on to the truth YOU are following ME! :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
LOL durable? That's funny!

I'm on my second MT82 and having issues again.

My first one whined from about 5,000 miles and only got worse, followed by a horrible case of notchy shifting until I took it to the dealer at ~21k miles. They tore it down, the synchros looked like **** and a couple of bearings were on their way out. They replaced it with a new transmission. I've got right at 20k miles on this one and a faint whine is starting to occur along with the notchy shifting, again. Took it back in about 1k miles ago for an oil leak and had them check it while it was there. They said that it was "normal" this time. We'll see how much less than normal it has to get before they do something about this second one. I've noticed its getting worse by the week, it's only a matter of time before they have to do something about this one too.

Do I wish I bought an auto? No.
Do I wish I had a Tremec? You bet I do and in the next few years I'll be doing a T56 magnum swap in it whenever I can actually afford it.

By the way, Marc likes "beating" dead live stock, if you know what I mean. ;)
This is just about what happened to mine. Had it a month, noticed a whine, took it to the dealership, took 2 weeks for them to hear the problem, said there wasn't a problem until I talked to the owner, took 2+ weeks to fix it, but now my new one seems to be going strong.
The new one seems to be holding up ok after 10k miles or so even after numerous trips to the track. I get a little notchiness when it's really cold, but it's nothing like the first one.

If you are like a few of us, and have to shift gears, then you'll get the 6speed and deal with the issues when they come up(might not even have any at all).
If you want to go fast down the track.... Get an automatic.
I'm caught between both of those and hopefully this transmission will last a decent amount of time so I can get a T56 as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts