Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok fellas this is gonna be a long one! im planning on turboing my car. i am buying the on3 2nd gen kit with the 76mm bb turbo. it is all going on a built motor.i wanna hit between 6 to 700 rwhp

fuelsetup -return style!
sumped 98gt tank (will this work?)
twin bosch 044 pumps
aero fuel presure reg a1000
-8 braided feedline
-6 braided return
aero inline fuel filters
2nd pump gonna work by hobbs switc (which do i choose??)

motor as it sits
ironblock bored .30 over
-18cc deep dish pistons
mollen oil pump
not sure on wat rods
poted heads with oversized valves
as of right now it has a crower stage 3 blower cam in it with crower springs
eddy intake with 6061 plenum
dss mainsupport system
arp everything
mmr 7qt oil pan already tapped

questions-

i no i have to upgrade the wastegate and bov from the on3 kit but which size and brand do i upgrade to???

also will i reach my goal of 600 to 700rwhp with this setup?

what else will i need besides upr suspension package for install???

would a 39mm precision wastegate b good?

im gonna go with the modular headshop stage 2 trbo cam.
20psi plus springs

wat more parts will i need for install?

what hobb switch should i go with?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
98 gt tanks are one of the worse tanks.

I like turbosmart for boost management. A 39mm should work if you run higher psi levels. Could get a hypergate which is a 45mm to make sure. Jgs and precision are also good brands too.

Why run a Hobbs switch? Don't worry about that.
A 76mm will get you there but is this a on3 turbo? Also what is the downpipe size on the on3 kits? IMO 600rwhp to 700rwhp is a HUGE difference at that level

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
A precision 67mm will net you 650rwhp or a 71mm

·
Registered
588 Posts
Im not running that kinda power, YET!
but i have the Turbonetics system on my car and all the research i have done
and all the Turbo guys around here say thay are one of the best

right now I have the Evo waistegate but when I upgrade I am going to run
the New Gen.

A totally new Patent Pending concept from Turbonetics! The NewGen’s swing valve design is unique for a remote type wastegate that offers a clear exhaust path to regulate exhaust gases (as opposed to a poppet type wastegate) to maintain and control operating boost pressure. The NewGen wastegate features V-band type connection, a billet cap, a cast stainless base, and a 2" Inconel swing valve and has the capability to control up to 1000 HP. During R&D testing, the NewGen wastegate outflowed the nearest competitor by 50%. Installation is made easy with stainless steel V-band clamps.

Ive been kicking it back and forth if I want to do twin 60's or a single GT-k 1000 76mm when I get my new shortblock next year

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the Input so far n Scott with the on3 turbo get me that n how much money am I lookin at all said n done Im thinkin 8k not including motor

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
It should. Idk the details on it though.

I can get you all you need to know but would need to know all the details to your build. Turbos aren't one size fits all

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
How is a wastegate rated for hp?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What all details do u need?? Or just in inboxe illgo e ya my cell number n text it if that's any easier cause there is not one person around my way that knows turbos and mustangs so I need all the help i can get!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Like stated get better wastegate and bov...and an eboost 2... You dont have injectors on ur list..what are u going to do for transmission? What gears are u running..hoopping 3.27-3.55...you will be able to do 600 no problems

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Forgot to write 80lb inj. N t3650 until it blows the. Get a built one. Also right now 373 gears 31 spline rear gonna swap out eventualy Also what's an e boost 2??

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Eletronic boost controller.

You have no one around you to build a nice custom kit for a reasonable price?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Depends. What type of metal, metal size, forward facing or hellion style, ect.

I run CG fabrications headers, 304 stainless everything but the headers. 2.5in piping to merge, 3in to 3.5in downpipe. Treadstone intercooler with same side inlet outlet. I run a 45mm wastegate but the angle isn't working so deleting that single 45mm and adding two 40mm gates on each side...when I aim for 800rwhp ill redo my downpipe to 4in for less back pressure. I wouldn't go below 3.5in for higher hp. My 3in section is only 2 feet long...

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Thanks it's been years in the making but I think after this winter it will be good to go for awhile till I size up the downpipe.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts