Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to buy a set of chrome 18" saleen rims
The tires are Dunlops.. but they are in decent shape 50-60% tread left.. He is asking 600. is 600 dollars a good price?

·
Registered
641 Posts
As long they are straight and true, yes that is a steal.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long they are straight and true, yes that is a steal.
ok cool.. lets say I buy them and they are straight and no flaws.. Do u think I could resale them for much more on say craiglist or on here?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
i wouldnt buy them for more than 600... but its up to you.

what width are they?

are they authentic saleens?

how do you know they have 50% tread left? did you have him take a pic using a tread measuring tool?

i can find 18x9 saleens for around 450 brand new but tires are expensive.

id say if they are in "like new" condition go for it but your not gonna be able to resell them for a profit or anything

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wouldnt buy them for more than 600... but its up to you.

what width are they?

are they authentic saleens?

how do you know they have 50% tread left? did you have him take a pic using a tread measuring tool?

i can find 18x9 saleens for around 450 brand new but tires are expensive.

id say if they are in "like new" condition go for it but your not gonna be able to resell them for a profit or anything
Alright cool.. I will probably hang on to them.. Im sure they will look good on my silver bullet. lol I have seen the tires in person he lives near me.. I knwo the guy well too.. I dont think he'd sell me osmething messed up. Rims could use a good polishing and tires didn't look to bad.. they are 265's all the way around. And how can I tell if they are factory saleen rims and not replicas?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
if they were saleen rims they would have saleen center caps most likely, i'd say those are knockoffs

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Alright cool.. I will probably hang on to them.. Im sure they will look good on my silver bullet. lol I have seen the tires in person he lives near me.. I knwo the guy well too.. I dont think he'd sell me osmething messed up. Rims could use a good polishing and tires didn't look to bad.. they are 265's all the way around. And how can I tell if they are factory saleen rims and not replicas?
factory saleens will have "saleen" casted somewhere on the inside o the rim.

still a decent deal long as they arent all curb chewed up. and yeah they will probably look tits on your gt! good choice

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
factory saleens will have "saleen" casted somewhere on the inside o the rim.
Those center caps in your picture are for Replica rims. They go for around $450 a set new as stated but with decent tires $600 isn't a bad price.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
If it were me, I'd probably just buy the wheels new and pick up a good set of tires, but I'm pretty anal when it comes to the shoes that my car rides on. $600 is a very fair price for 18" chrome Saleens in good condition with tires though.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Same size front and rear? Make sure they're manufactured by the same company, I had 4 2k Cobra R replica's and one rim was by a different manufacturer.

$600 with decent tires is a good deal, Saleen's look great. Plugs? Patches? Hold air good?

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if they were saleen rims they would have saleen center caps most likely, i'd say those are knockoffs
Those aren't the exact rims. I just used that photo for an example.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts