Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any experience with options on putting bigger tires on the rear ?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Lots of kits out there, but I ended up using a stock wheel tub and just had the factory one cut off, left a few extra inches and attached the new one. Guy I bought it off of did the work. Turned out very nice. Looks stock from the trunk. The coupe's backseat was modified slightly and the FB needed the tub to be clearanced just a little for the fold down back seat.

I have a Autoworks International kit that I didn't use if you are interested. PM me and we can see about a price. Using the stock tub is cheaper, but takes a little more skill, from what I can tell, to get it right since you are just picking a point and cutting. The kit has a few more instructions.

Here is a pick of a '66, tubbed with 315s on 18 x 10s. These are the same rims, from the same guy, that are on my car. He kept the springs and used a Crites Spring relocation kit. The FB got a 4 link.

Either way your rear end will need to be measured and cut down once you get your rims mocked up and determine the length.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doesn't appear to be any difference in the DSE mini tub kit and the TCP kit. both move the frame rails in about 1.5 inches and use 18 ga. sheet metal.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Before I did anything or bought anything else, I would call and talk to Shaun over at Street or Track...guy lives and breaths Mustnags, suspension and 3 links.

Also, Dodgestang over at VMF runs a 3 link setup if you want to chat with someone who actually has one and knows a ton about Mustangs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts