Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are some subtle and no-so subtle differnece between the early mustangs.. but I'm looking for a difinitive place (website, article, book..) that I can learn all about it..

Anyone know where.. googling I can find some listings of 64.5 or 65, 66 or 67 etc.. but I haven't found anything yet that really shows me (and tells) all the details..

Thanks,

·
Registered
22,814 Posts
67 was wider and longer than the previous models. Different body panels used in 67. New hood came out. Side scoops, fender emblems, MUSTANG script, GT fog lights, turn signals(front and rear), bumpers, and grille are different between 65-66 and 67-68. That isn't all, but that names some.

ORIGINAL: Mustang Specs
The 1967 Mustang brought the first major redesign. Although it was longer and wider, the Mustang kept the same wheel base of 108 inches. The grille opening was made larger to give the Mustang a meaner look as the rear taillight panel was concave. The fastback now reached all the way to the rear of the trunk, and on all three models you could find simulated panel scoops on the rear quarters.
Mustang Specs - 1967 Ford Mustang

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Anyone know where.. googling I can find some listings of 64.5 or 65, 66 or 67 etc.. but I haven't found anything yet that really shows me (and tells) all the details..

Thanks,
My favorite is the 1967, Wider shock towers like the 68. But I like the Deluxe Interior of the 67 and the side treatment & Grill. The 68 is the most modern of the four. The 66 and 67 are more alike under the skin than 67 to a 68. The 68 & 69 are more alike under the skin.

It would be easier to ask a direct question, than go over all the little changes.

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've always like the appearance of teh 67 & 68 a little more than teh 64.5 & 65.. not sure why.. maybe it's just the way they were restored.. I guess people are less likley to 'restomod' an original 64.5/65 than a later model..

·
Registered
38 Posts
WOW! Did you really have to show a pic of the 67 on a tow truck? That doesn't help with all those F.O.R.D. acronyms flying around. lol.

·
Registered
980 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts